Hello everyone.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am new too waterfalls, ponds and landscaping and am looking forward to learning a lot and avoiding making unnecessary mistakes along the way. I recently purchased an Aqauscape waterfall kit and am seeking advise on the construction as to avoid having to rework it later.

looking forward to visiting with you all to glean knowledge and see some beautiful landscapin!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome! Is your kit a disappearing waterfall type or a cascading upper falls that flows into a lower pool?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am new too waterfalls, ponds and landscaping and am looking forward to learning a lot and avoiding making unnecessary mistakes along the way.
The most important thing I can tell you is to take your time with the waterfall and make sure the water will stay above the liner to prevent leaks. I just built a kit pond/waterfall (Savio) and I'm currently chasing down leaks in the waterfall. I'm discovering that if water can possibly find a way around or under foam, it will do it. Being careful the first time will save yourself a lot of time and aggravation later.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh, and one other tip I can pass along is to use black silicone to seal up problem areas. As long as it's 100% silicone, it's safe for fish. As with foam, you can easily press gravel/sand/dirt into it before it cures to help disguise it in visible areas.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! I am sure you will enjoy it here!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1599161858000.gif
and welcome @Airborn406

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You tube youtube and more you tube. No matter what professional builder you may find they will all agree on character stones.. what is ment by that is as large a rocks or rocks as you can get set and use. The sides should stick out further then does the waterfall rock this is where many fail. Make the rubber into the shape of a U where tge sides protrude . And when the watrrfalls where it lands is the splash zone huge amounts of water can be lost here. Go to Y ou TY use find a good video and watch it again and again my waterfalls are generally a little different as most are very very wide so the splash couldn't get out if containment even in high winds as it ha as feet to travel even before it hits rock and falls back I n the pond.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry for the slow reply, been busy.
yes, I am building a pond less waterfall, for over a week now
I purchased one of the Deluxe kits from Aquascape, it comes with everything
needed for the bones of it anyway. I’ve been collecting a lot on rock, sand stone mostly which is natural to my area in NW Arkansas.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for all the welcomes and all the tips! I know I will need them.
I’m going to showcase this septarian concretion in my falls project.

Attachments

• CFA5277E-0DDB-4A8B-83E0-E5465A1E1404.jpeg
    CFA5277E-0DDB-4A8B-83E0-E5465A1E1404.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 70
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am in Fayetteville. The the big stones I purchased from White River Rocks.
I just found a stash of rock from a road crew clearing for a project that I can get free stone from
Here are some of them.

Ask a Question