Hello to everyone. First I want to thank everyone for all the good advise I have read here all year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have all ways loved been outdoors and working outdoors. Having wanted a pond for years I finally took up my shovel and went digging. I have finished the pond and have just some small loose ends to take care of tomorrow. I have the water in since last week and will soon be getting my fish. All the threads here gave some great advice which was at times better than a lot of books I had read. This summer is going to feel so special hearing the waterfall in the pond. The effort has been worth every shovel full of dirt. When my fish are in I am going to sit on my backside for a day and rest myself and enjoy. I do have two dogs who want to play fetch non stop so it may or may not happen. What I hope is my pond will have plants and attract insects and birds. I have bats that live under the eve of my garage and I hope they will enjoy a feast or two.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome a dogs can be trained to stay out of water .You could also do pondless

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I have a German Shepard and he is in awe eyeballing the new pond. So far he is just drinking from it so hopefully will have no issues. I live in Massachusetts by the way. Right now I am just thinking of the new fish that will be going into the pond. I feel like that day will never come. Honestly I feel like a kid again waiting for my birthday or Christmas day. Waiting and waiting. I did read here at one point to make sure everything works good so no bad surprises like a bad pump or a leak. I will post some pics this week. My pond is almost 3700 gallons with 4' to 2' depth. I just want my fish as the waiting is awful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Welcome aboard :) Your pond is a good size at 3700 gallons, so imagine you've been doing some serious digging ! What type of plants are you interested in having and fish ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome @Tara
smhibothhands.gif

I can wait to see pics!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
20180625_135944.jpg
20180529_101921.jpg
Hello everyone. Trying to get the hang of using this site. I have some pics. The mouse I found sneaking into my kitchen through the back door and caught him with my lilly basket . He has gone for a drive to the park. He now lives two miles away
20180617_121307_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 20180622_111839.jpg
    20180622_111839.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 206
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome aboard :) Your pond is a good size at 3700 gallons, so imagine you've been doing some serious digging ! What type of plants are you interested in having and fish ?
I am aiming to have plants that can over winter and will bring a lot of insects and birds etc. I hoping to have planted in spring but I was a little late.

Ask a Question