addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I turned on our pump, ie. hauled it out of the basement plugged it in. My murky greenish pond cleared up in about 6 hours of running, now can see the bottom just fine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yesterday was soooooo nice, 65 for a high, light breeze, today 32 and WINDY! You are warmer than me today, Colleen. :mad: I'm praying that the SE winds amp it up to about 40-50 mph for about an hour, do some serious damage to the back side of my roof LOL .... because the front of my roof has been damaged by high winds a month ago, and the insurance adjuster is due to come on Thursday to assess it. I sure don't want him to say that the insurance company is only going to pay to replace the front half. ;)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We lost the north half of our roof in arizona, 140 mph wind shear. The insurance company was going to only replace the north half but somehow, no clue how, tiles were loose on the south side too............... 3000 houses lost the north side of their roofs during that t storm

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I thought about going up there, Addy, and making my own damage on the other side! Knowing my luck, I'd fall off and kill myself, and then who cares about a new roof. LOL I got the estimates on the metal roof. It's about $1200 more for the heavier and better made metal (made so you don't see the screws, and it won't ever leak) and about $800 less for the exact same roofing as my barn roof, which lots of houses use as well. So, now it's up to the adjuster on Thursday ... we shall see ...
And now ... back to Montana! Sorry for temporarily hijacking your thread, Montana.

Reaction score
The only very small leaves that are coming up are some of the irises in the pond and some leaves from the lilies in the bottom of the pond. :) Better then nothing I guess.

Reaction score
Today is the first day of spring and we got more snow :cry:. Getting tired of this stuff! High of 38 today and cloudy.
On a happier note it's my daughters birthday and also the day her and her hubby find out if she's having a boy or a girl :). I have to be patient cause I won't find out what she's having until Saturday at their revealing party. :nailbiting: This is going to drive me crazy!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are calling for snow here next week, at least it won't last that long.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
cherry blossom festival may have no blossoms .It is already 45 degrees here at 8 am and headed for 65 degrees today .Sun is out and there is lots of ground fog

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I am tickled to death about what the insurance adjuster reported. Big fat check will pay for new metal roof, and the good stuff, too! Woohoo!!!
I've got irises in ground and bog growing now, lilies barely starting in the ground, sedum is up, too. Tulips, hyacinths and daffodils are up and growing now, but no blooms yet. Will be another couple of weeks, my guess. I think the crocuses are finally peeking through the mulch, not positive because this is the first year for them, planted them last fall. Sure thought they would have been the first to appear and bloom, but so far they are coming in LAST! Soon we will all be posting pics of flowers, can't wait!
Oh, and my lilies in the ponds are not growing at all. In fact, the pots are all covered with a green carpet of algae. Sure hope they didn't die in the extra cold winter, but none of them were frozen, so they should be ok, I would think .... time will tell.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good news on your roof CE! Everything's coming up roses..............well Tulips and Hyacinths anyways

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good going CE! darn deer are eating my crocus, daffodils and tulips as they come out of the ground. Hope their munching slows down a little now that plants are starting to grow.

Ask a Question