j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep that darn palm that I planted a couple yrs ago that isn't hardy here I had wrapped w/ lights and all the lights burnt out this year but one...............................sooooooooooooo the thing looks toasted and will not be babied anymore. Going high in the sky to the plant Heaven above. I still have 3 burgundy colored Phormium's and 2 not hardy palms in pots on rollers that I wheel into the garage when it freezes. But if they ever get too big to mess w/ than they are goners too

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I brought my big spindle palm and Mojo banana plants into the spare bedroom. They are too big to mess with, but bring them into the house, then drag them on a pad over the carpet. The roller thingies never hold up, even they they are rated for far heavier than the plants are. In time, I won't be able to do that anymore, though. For now, they are doing fine. Spindle palm lost one branch in the cold temps when my power went out and it was 40 in the house, totally forgot to open that door to let some of the kerosene heat in, so it was probably 40 in there for 24 hours or more! But the banana and canna in that pot is hanging in there, barely alive, but alive.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
On my bigger palm that was quite heavy I used one of those heavy duty rollers from Harbor Freight and it won't wear out. They have sales on them a lot.The ones you buy in the garden stores are light weight deals w/ no longevity.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sorry for you Haro.............are you a penny pincher from way back? I still pick them up if I see one on the ground..................I admit I am a penny pincher
Sorry, I missed this thread for a while. Yes, j.w., I have ALWAYS picked up pennies, but of course, back then you could buy candies with them, or save them until you had five, and get a CHOCOLATE BAR!!!
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
CE go to the thread called My first sword tail baby by John Huff and addy posted a link to a site where you can just copy and paste a link to the forum and you will have your dancing banana. Many banana's to choose from too.
WOW! A BREAK-DANCING banana!!!
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Those were the days Haro. I could on my way to school stop at the local grocery store and buy a choco covered doughnut for a nickle and I remember penny candies..............man I'm ancient

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sorry for you Haro.............are you a penny pincher from way back? I still pick them up if I see one on the ground..................I admit I am a penny pincher
I would never buy food or sodas from machines, refused to pay the inflated price.........guess I am a penny pincher too

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Those were the days Haro. I could on my way to school stop at the local grocery store and buy a choco covered doughnut for a nickle and I remember penny candies..............man I'm ancient
mcd hamburgers, 10 for a dollar, kept me fed in college.

Reaction score
Noticed today my pond water doesn't look as clear as it usually does. Today even tho we are suppose to have rain/snow showers I think I will change a little water. Can't wait to get my pump running.

Reaction score
My daughter in law called me today and wanted to know if I wanted to come to her house tonight and play bunco. The group of ladys that started this plays on a monday once a month and they alternate having it at each of the 12 members homes. Was a good time. Came home, did chores and started watching tv and crashed on the couch :).

Ask a Question