addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Back on track you all....................

Reaction score
Country
Australia
You know, I do love pizza. All pizza.
I know it's divisive but my partner is a big fan of pineapple on pizza, so I have learned to appreciate it all! :D
I've started a thread with some details about the pond too.

Edit: pineapple with ham on pizza is quite divisive in Aus also. For some reason, it's called "Hawaiin pizza" here. It has its strong advocates. That being said, I once worked in a restaurant and the owner outright refused to even have pineapple on hand to make the stuff...
:)

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love it, the sweet of the pineapple, the salt taste of the ham. My hubby he gags..............so seldom get it to eat.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and remeber learn from our success and failures also . I know I learned from my mistakes . like never leave water pump up and spitting out water with 5 foot long koi in the pond to knock it side ways and almost during the pond and sudden snow storm that was not supposed to hit here . Be prepared My son came up with a great idea he put all my pond outlets on switch's in my master bedroom closet so I can turn on or turn off things in my pond . He did not think of it when he put my first outlets in for the pond but he changed that also . He reminded me I am not getting any younger LOL geeze news to me

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love it, the sweet of the pineapple, the salt taste of the ham. My hubby he gags..............so seldom get it to eat.
we often order a 'half and half', so that option should be open to ya, Boss!

Reaction score
Country
Australia
welcome and remeber learn from our success and failures also . I know I learned from my mistakes . like never leave water pump up and spitting out water with 5 foot long koi in the pond to knock it side ways and almost during the pond and sudden snow storm that was not supposed to hit here . Be prepared My son came up with a great idea he put all my pond outlets on switch's in my master bedroom closet so I can turn on or turn off things in my pond . He did not think of it when he put my first outlets in for the pond but he changed that also . He reminded me I am not getting any younger LOL geeze news to me
I love this, having control switches in the bedroom for the pump!
I have the pond lighting on a wifi switch so I can automate it at night time, but it would be tempting to put the pump on one too...might save me from an accidental drain, which I have the occasional nightmare about...:oops:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love this, having control switches in the bedroom for the pump!
I have the pond lighting on a wifi switch so I can automate it at night time, but it would be tempting to put the pump on one too...might save me from an accidental drain, which I have the occasional nightmare about...:oops:
you can set up an easy prevention without that happening; look for a 'float switch' like you get for sump pumps. You plug your pump cord into this and then the float switch into your outlet. You tie the pump switch to a certain point such that IF the water starts going down, when the float goes so low, there's a ball that slides away from the contacts and cuts the power. I have one each for my two pumps, and each is set about 10" lower than current height. So, I'm not going to pump the pond out should some leak develope and I'm not aware.

Same situation re filling; get a manual timer and this way, if you want to fill and leave, the timer will go off at the length of time you deem necessary for filling. To make THIS super safe, use TWO timers on the same line; this way if one timer craps out (they WILL do this), the other picks up the slack. Easy peasy.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had a float switch and you have to clean them of muck and when power goes off and comes back on they seem to fail .Went through 3 of them before my son wired all the the outlets to switch's when I asked him to add more outlets after the winter the pump got knocked over and for landscape lights . I can look out the window or at my security cameras and see what is going on at the pond . The new cameras are even better as I can zoom in . Like most peopl these days it makes you feel safer to have security cameras and mine have sensors that tell me which camera is picking up movement and the system goes to those cameras . I won't ever have cameras inside my house though . I picked up a terrorist barn owl last night

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I had a float switch and you have to clean them of muck and when power goes off and comes back on they seem to fail .Went through 3 of them before my son wired all the the outlets to switch's when I asked him to add more outlets after the winter the pump got knocked over and for landscape lights . I can look out the window or at my security cameras and see what is going on at the pond . The new cameras are even better as I can zoom in . Like most peopl these days it makes you feel safer to have security cameras and mine have sensors that tell me which camera is picking up movement and the system goes to those cameras . I won't ever have cameras inside my house though . I picked up a terrorist barn owl last night
oh, nothing wrong at all with interior switches, I was just noting another option. I've had my float switches for nigh on 11 years now and no problems. I even use it to 'turn the pump' off easily without trying to get to the plug end by just lifting the float up a bit. I've never had 'muck' or anything on my floats as they're on top the water and the part below, doesn't get any sun for algae to grow on it.

Different horses for different courses.

Ask a Question