addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Damian, the deer off you can buy works great. There is also a thread in here for a home made concoction that the deer don't like.

It was a mixture of hot peppers etc, maybe they will see this thread and post it again.

We have deer, but for some reason they have been by passing my yard this summer, maybe my toothless old yorkie is scaring them off .............lol

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have a lot of hard work ahead of you but well worth it in the end. Been there done that...

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
1 large onion
1 Jalapeno pepper
1 habanero pepper
can add any additional hot peppers you like

Blend in blender very well, add 1 cup white vinegar, blend well, pour thru a coffee strainer to remove all pulp and seeds. Place in small spray bottle, add about 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid, I used biodegradable citrus. and finish filling bottle with water. DO NOT ADD DISHWASHING LIQUID INTO BLENDER:yikesu:
Shake lightly and spray on plants, be sure to stay up wind and good idea to wear gloves and glasses or goggles.
Deters, Raccoons, deer, opossums, rabbits, and BEARS! pretty much anything that eats plants, won't harm plants, won't effect birds. Not recommended for use where it could spray into the pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Aww it was you fishin, could not recall and could not find it lol

Thanks for the re-post.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
An ole N.Carolina man gave me that recipe to keep bears away from the cabin. He guaranteed it to work! Never had bear problems after I started using it! When I moved down here I had problems with deer and rabbits and tried it, again worked very well.
The onion is actually a attractant, the peppers burn the animals tongue so it makes them move on, the vinegar makes it stay and preserves it, and the dishwashing liquid makes it stick to leaves, trash cans, wood, rocks, what ever you don't want them messing with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcJohn

Latest Threads