sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
do you have a salinity test meter or kit .You may have added to much salt that could be causing the ulcers you speak of .I'm really not sure because I always test before i add anything . Can you post a pic of your pond .You may be adding to many items all at one time .They are fighting each other .Maybe just do the water changes .Salt or no salt is not going to change things .Over filter the water .I use quilt batting to take all the fine stuff out .I put it on top of my filter and try to make sure the water runs through it .Maybe super filtering the stuff out will help , clean the quilt batting often also . I'm just not sure .Have you added any thing new besides the treatments you said or could there be something dead in the pond somewhere you can't see it .Something is wrong thats for sure .Waterbug seems to know more about water conditions ,but I guess I'm just not sure since I have really never went through what you are going through and I guess it is really upsetting you and I know it would me . Something has to work .Don't feed the fish ,I know it sounds crawl but it is for there own good .I have not fed my fish for over a week because ammonia levels went up ,actually it has been 8 days and level went down but is not stable yet .

Reaction score
Yes I do have a salinity test kit. Test out last night at .5 ppt, I like to keep it at around 1-2 ppt. I havent fed the fish in over a week either. I havent added anything to the pond in over 8 months (meaning fish, plants, etc...). I dont like throwing a bunch of chemicals in my pond. The more natural the better. The only thing I have in the pond is the AMMO-Carb to help control the ammonia and the light (less than recommended dosage) amount of salt. I do not have a mechanical filter for my pond. The bog is all that i have for filtration. I will try and upload some photos as soon as I can.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Maybe something got into your bog ,I forgot you mentioned that >can you maybe filter it somehow .I can only think that maybe thats it .The bog could have had something washed into it .Chemicals from something out side your control .You never know .I remember back in NJ we had the Edison gas explosion and it did a job on my big fountains water .I had to empty it and clean it good .So anything can happen .

Reaction score
Here are some photos from the beginning of this year when the pond wasnt quite finished with landscaping. But had been running for about 4 months.

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    94.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 2.bmp
    99.9 KB · Views: 399

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
can't get your pics as I have my security set high on my puter .holiday season reason and I had a problem the other day .You can put them on your page to view straight on here

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Here are some photos from the beginning of this year when the pond wasnt quite finished with landscaping. But had been running for about 4 months.

Looked at the pics put they are about the size of a stamp, and my eyes just aren't that good anymore. Can you try reposting them so that they show up in your post then we can click on them and they will enlarge. If you click on the "attach files" then choose the file on your pc where the pics are located they should then show up in your post.

Reaction score
Sorry about the pics being so small. Could not get the pictures from my laptop (which is not working properly) to my main computer. So I had to rely on the ones on my phone. Should have my laptop back on Monday.
UPDATE: Thanks everyone for all your advice. Things are looking up.... my ammonia level has dropped to .5ppm and my PH has come up slightly. Also my KH and GH levels have risen slighty. Once they climb up just a little more I will move the ones with ulcerations to my indoor staging tank to treat. I just want to say thanks again to everyone for all your advise and info. Waterbug a special thanks to you on the ammonia artical. Found that the AMMO-carb that I was using was giving me false readings. After I took it out and tested the next day, the levels dropped quickly.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
have not heard anything in awhile and was wondering how the pond was doing and if you got everything resolved and working right

Ask a Question