BEST PLANTS FOR HIGH PH

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Anyone know of a plant that likes high ph? My pond water is always at the high end of the ph scale. I have plants in my pond but they don't seem to be doing as well as they could. My salt level is 0.5 so im sure that is a factor also. Working to bring that down but takes time with water changes. PH tends to be 8.6 to 9. All other parameters are good.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@SEKCOBRA - we had high pH initially and thought it was affecting the plants. What you're really struggling with - in my opinion - is a new pond. Not enough nutrient build up to feed the plants. They may need an additional boost with some fertilizer applied locally.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
@SEKCOBRA - we had high pH initially and thought it was affecting the plants. What you're really struggling with - in my opinion - is a new pond. Not enough nutrient build up to feed the plants. They may need an additional boost with some fertilizer applied locally.

Thanks Lisa. I was thinking about doing that but my green water is beginning to clear up and im afraid to add anything that can potentially feed the algae again. I still get a lot of suds every morning. It clears up some during the day but never goes away. It seems like my water has cleared up to a point. It was getting clearer for 2 or 3 days but now seems to have stopped. Can't quite see the bottom at 4 ft. A week ago I couldn't see a foot deep. I was hoping it would go completely clear like it was but that's not the case. At least not yet.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Without a doubt .5% salt content in your pond is also affecting your plants. I know it was at .8%, but you need to keep working at getting the salinity to zero. I don’t think ph is the issue along with what Lisa has said.

As was suggested in a previous thread you need to do water changes to lower the salinity, it is the only way to get it down.

Ask a Question