How are you dealing with Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus) ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Now that is a LOT of food, that is like a bag a year, a big bag!
smshakeead.gif
what?

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I've tried to buy my food now in bulk (100+ gf and 20 koi--most small to med size) to save $$ and as I was running out this summer, bought 25lbs of the 1/4" pellet. I knew I'd have most of this for next summer. THEN, I saw an ad for bulk food where the price per lb was half. Too good to pass up, even though its a FIFTY POUND bag...so, went and got that too. Thank God I resurrected an old freezer in the basement as I doubt it would have lasted beyond next summer when I probably only need 40 lbs total! And I only feed once a day during the summer.

i did that too... bought a 25lb. Bag of pellet this spring. Then bought 50 lb. Bag because it was a good deal. I burned through 50lbs of food this summer feeding every other day or so. Still have a 25lb. Bag in the garage. Have a large Pond, but have a lot of fish that are getting big now and 7 terrapins with the net protecting them. I can’t count the number of goldfish or small koi and orfes in there. It’s a lot though.....to answer the original question a few posts back...not really worried about running out of food for the fish due to COVID, though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I only have 2 Koi, the rest are comets. I had to buy more food this year because of Covid. Every Spring I give away most of my comets. This year because of Covid, I didn't. I have a pond full to say the least. So, yea, more money spent on food this year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What has happened to people that even when the facts are put right in front of them if some Jackass from the media says oh no thats not true ....they decide to follow like puppy dogs. THE MEDICAL BAIL OUT BEOFE A BAILOUT WAS EVEN PASSED WAS HOSPITALS. S O THEY COULD KEEP THERE DOORS OPEN AS WE ALL NEED THEM. THEY GET PAID $1700.00 DOLLARS FOR EACH AND EVERY CASE THAT THE HOSPITAL DEALS WITH WHERE THE PATIENT DIES FROM COVID-19 DO THE M A T H NO ONE IS MONITORING THESE NUMBER THEY JUST GET PAID THEY DID CATCH HOSPITAL AFTER HOSPITAL INFLATING THESE NUMBERS BUT IT WAS DISMISSED. DR'S WERE COMING FORWARD SAYING THEY WERE PUSHED TO SAY PATIENTS DIED FROM COVID WHEN THEY WERE HIT BY A TRUCK........ THE CDC FINALY ADMITTED WE SHUT DOWN THE COUNTRY FOR NO REASON IT DOESN'T WORK ..... GEE THANKS WISH WE SAW THAT!!! WALMARTS DEPOTS ETC HAVE ALL BEEN OPEN THE WHOLE TIME AND THEY HAVE ALL REPORTED HOW THEY HAVE HUGEEEEEEEE NUMBERS OF EMPLOYES WHO HAVE DIED AFTER ALL THEY ARE ALL THE PICTURES OF HEALTH.... N O T

5ODRpuxereOHsF2cUq4aoFASJNed00YaOXhwexJ-5uENcyGgrnjEFp1_q64UwnG-0xk7MGhxuC7JKFfW_wgjdNHICxEfcI8hmWDZphzTx3N-sA-vKabNmhKBtjFBWn1ht5cLr6nGVKH0LTDmBqd2ajIoctTqWBz1nTxYKQqOKVZ-RGoMmcgfx9A=s0-d-e1-ft
By The New York Times | Sources: Johns Hopkins University, World Bank​
2. But Sweden did more than some people realize. It closed schools for students ages 16 and older. It encouraged residents to keep their distance from one another. And it imposed the ban on big gatherings, which looks especially smart now.​
Compared with other viruses, this one seems especially likely to spread in clusters. Many infected people don’t infect a single other person, while “as few as 10 to 20 percent of infected people may be responsible for as much as 80 to 90 percent of transmission,” The Atlantic’s Zeynep Tufekci has explained.​
Given this, it’s less surprising that Sweden’s recent virus performance looks mediocre rather than horrible.​
TChF-XbSlcKyjP-rYCTEiNc49Em2uSZ1fTKaBecPKDu2pFXQsRC10fev9rlSU8BhLICbeHk9KxIv8EG5XwNeJstFXSvu-eiPQ09d87OsbaJMbQvttwuQK3pEIOuSwPdXMDBA33cyMMEBPVIIyabvaYcdSQEYyINXMh7eF5flzQ7Datuh8aB1=s0-d-e1-ft
By The New York Times | Sources: Johns Hopkins University, World Bank​
3. Swedish officials have been right to worry about “sustainability.” Strict lockdowns bring their own steep costs for society. With a vaccine at least months away, societies probably need to grapple with how to restart activities while minimizing risk.​
Sweden’s leaders do not seem to have found the ideal strategy, but they are asking a reasonable question. “We see a disease that we’re going to have to handle for a long time,” Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s top epidemiologist, told The Financial Times, “and we need to build up systems for doing that.”​
The fact that Sweden is no longer an extreme outlier in new virus cases — even as life there looks more normal than in most places — offers a new opportunity to assess risk.​
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think we are heading towards another lockdown
smscared2.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Numbers in our area are steadily rising and many people are ignoring basic precautions.....saying they're tired of it all. My exercise studio had a few confirmed cases and was closed recently. It's reopened with even stricter guidelines, but I'm just finding it easier to work out at home for now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Numbers in our area are steadily rising and many people are ignoring basic precautions.....saying they're tired of it all. My exercise studio had a few confirmed cases and was closed recently. It's reopened with even stricter guidelines, but I'm just finding it easier to work out at home for now.
I just bought a Spin Bike and started doing that, I figured the money I save from the GYM will pay off the bike in 3yrs
smlaughing3.gif

As far as the lockdown goes, I'm not sure if I will choose to stay open during another lockdown. I imagine they would set stricter guidelines for childcare and it's already tough as it is right now, I can't imagine how horrible it would be with added restrictions for kids 0-3yrs

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think we are heading towards another lockdown View attachment 134886
We need to fight gemma, these politicians with want to shut down when we have a 99.97 percent of those who get covid survive under the age of 70 why are we destroying our country and the economy ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just bought a Spin Bike and started doing that, I figured the money I save from the GYM will pay off the bike in 3yrs View attachment 134904
As far as the lockdown goes, I'm not sure if I will choose to stay open during another lockdown. I imagine they would set stricter guidelines for childcare and it's already tough as it is right now, I can't imagine how horrible it would be with added restrictions for kids 0-3yrs
When all the big box stores have stayed open this entire time and the media is not jumping down there throats with they had x number of employees test positive. when if you talk to anyone at any one of those stores how they have been effected by the covid and how many died or even got hospitalized.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I just bought a Spin Bike and started doing that, I figured the money I save from the GYM will pay off the bike in 3yrs View attachment 134904
Do you work in child care? I'm now retired, but worked for 25 years as a pre-school administrator.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Do you work in child care? I'm now retired, but worked for 25 years as a pre-school administrator.
Yes, I've been in child care for almost 18yrs.... infant and toddler, although a very few kids have been allowed to stay in the program until they were old enough to start kindergarten, most kids are pushed out by age 3yr... I say "pushed out" because parents would leave them in infant settings till they turn 18 if we didn't terminate their enrollment

Ask a Question