How many of us are afraid of Dementia?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I am not going to lose my mind... not planning on it anyway. Drink lots of strong fresh coffee that is supposed to help brain.

Never Ever do Cholesterol Lower drugs or for sure mind will go quick then. There is this guy at work on Statin drugs (cholesterol Lowering ) and I swear half the time he can't remember his name. He never used to be so bad until doctor put him on dumb you down StatinS.
They gave that to my old Auntie who was fine and fit but old and high cholesterol, guess what happened to her. ... she can't remember nothing now!

Eat tons of good fats cause they feed the brain.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Stay away from drug pushing doctors too... My mother was getting forgetful and stumbing and dizzy, but now she seems fine. Turns out her thyroid was slow. She also seems much better now that we eat cowburgers at A&W regularly with coffee. Hey I just read this old guy that was 95 years old just passed away peaceful and happy, and his favorite place to eat right after church was A&W!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I think the thing I most worry about is my hubby, cause his much older (now deceased) half brother had alzimers, not sure if I spelled that right.. and then my mother Is getting old and I can't bear the thought of losing her. Nothing else really bothers me and I try not to dwell on things I cannot change. Just take things one day at a time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My mother in law died of complications of dementia. Hers was not true Alzheimers but close in the symptoms. It's not a fun way to die. Her brain "believed" she was in constant pain, which is terrible to watch. She had no physical signs of pain (elevated BP, increased heart rate and respiration) so the doctors knew that there was no true pain. But man, if your brain says you are suffering, you might as well be suffering. It was terrible. It was also her worst fear in life - she used to say "just give me the little black pill if I lose my mind". Unfortunately there is no black pill. We now wonder if she knew something was going on and that's why she was so obsessed with the idea.

I'm all for anything that reduces suffering for people with these types of brain disorders.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My husbands mom had alzheimers for 15 years, luckily she had no pain, remained very happy, just wanted to be with her husband, bobby. We kept them together until the end.
Hired nurses to come into their home and care for both of them.

My mom's side had alzheimers, my dad's side sharp until the end.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I've told my daughter if I ever get it, she must think of all the bonuses. I told her, for example, she'd only have to buy me 1 gift and she could just keep giving it to me every birthday and Christmas... :D

Ask a Question