I’ve turned into a......pond snob :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Staging a house using a pond could be risky, and may not appeal to all buyers

..but your thread got me thinking, if I'll ever house shop again (I doubt it) a pond or better yet enough room to build a pond will be my first priority!:ROFLMAO:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I actually like the pond. I understand it's not right for the fish, but the pond itself is charming ;)
It is! In fact, we didn’t know there was a water feature and when I first spotted it thought it was some sort of pondless water feature as you couldn’t see the pond part. That was when the shock hit, at seeing the fish! I especially like the bridge they had fixed up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Mmathis in the second photo top right, if you look at the grass, and the rock, you can see the pond liner folded under the rock, the liner is also sticking out a little. That's why I though it was deeper, as it has some inches until it reaches the liner.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Tara Good observation, but the front of the pond is too low to correspond with the level of the back wall. I think the liner is higher in the back wall because of the waterfalls (circled in yellow). I drew that “water level” line in green. Also, where the skimmer is located, they have a flat rock placed in front and the water goes into the skimmer on either side of the rock. The top of the rock is above water level, but the water at that spot is only a few inches deep. Also, look at the rock they used for the bridge — there is only an inch or 2 of clearance between the bottom of the rock and the water level.

47D85DEE-E242-4D41-BB6A-D5FC84BDEEF3.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I've learned to bite my tongue when visiting other ponds.
Unless advice is requested, I just like to see what others have done and see if I can recognize successes and failures.
What I really don't like hearing is people saying " I just keep replacing the fish every year because they die every winter. No big deal" They don't want to hear a solution because "fish are cheap".

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've learned to bite my tongue when visiting other ponds.
Unless advice is requested, I just like to see what others have done and see if I can recognize successes and failures.
What I really don't like hearing is people saying " I just keep replacing the fish every year because they die every winter. No big deal" They don't want to hear a solution because "fish are cheap".
Agree 100% on both counts! And I think that’s what bothered me when I realized there were fish, HUGH fish in there! The proportion was so......off! Even my husband thought it looked odd. If they did simply stage the fish, I hope they they were properly cared for after the open house! It was a home we kinda liked — could always make an appointment to go back and see it again!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I went back to the real estate page and there was a shot of the water feature posted! This pic gives a better perspective look, and here, it simply looks like a pondless water feature, as well.

7AA2C4BC-50F4-4BE5-A0C8-3A638739BBCE.jpeg

Ask a Question