i havent downloaded this yet..but it may be helpful

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I will stick with my plants, they keep the pond in great shape.
I agree with Addy in that the more nature based a system is, the better it will perform. Even though our bog is slightly under-sized, the pond water has remained clear since ice-out. I anticipated some cloudy water once the temps increased and summer wore on, but today with the water temperature at 80 deg. the bottom (3 ft.) is perfectly visible and we haven't added one drop of any artificial/help remedies. To me it's simply a case of trying to duplicate a natural cycle as closely as possible.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
When I first took on the job at the garden center, I carried only two pond treatments, chlorine neutralizer and liquid fertilizer. I tried to steer people away from chemicals towards more natural solutions, but quickly discovered that this is NOT what most ponders want. It seems that folks just want to feel they are doing SOMETHING to help their fish/ponds, and dumping a $30 bottle of instant gratification in the pond makes them feel useful! I had customers DEMAND to know why I was making them drive 20 kilometers down the road to get their products! So I brought in the full range of Laguna pond remedies. Hey, if you're determined to waste your money, I might as well take it, After all, that's why the store is in business, right? I still advise customers to try patience instead of chemicals, but with all the misinformation on the internet, everyone wants instant results.
Please understand, @Meyer Jordan, that I am in no way criticizing your statement. I simply wanted to point out that there are no bacteria in this product. I cannot for the life of me figure out how aerobic bacteria can be kept alive in a bottle for two or three years, yet die within hours in our filters when deprived of sufficient oxygen. As you stated, Nualgi is probably a far better solution for problem algae than most of the other products out there.
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I will stick with my plants, they keep the pond in great shape.
That has always been MY approach, Addy, but things have changed. I got rid of virtually all my plants three years ago when I decided to try koi one more time (which, AGAIN, didn't work out) and am now having trouble getting new ones established. This is partly due to the fact that the neighbour's hedge along our south property line hasn't been maintained, and is now about 25' tall. Also, a 30+' blue spruce 10' from the pond blocks far too much sun, resulting in my pond only getting a few hours of morning sun. The tree is coming down soon, so hopefully my plants will start growing again.
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep people these days with ponds want quicker fixes and since this is safer than other products and you have the money to spend on it .I guess this stuff would be worth it .I used clarity stuff in my stock tanks and was impressed at how well they worked and have not had to add it since and only filter in them is lava rock in a small crate with a pump .That was over a month ago and only had to add 2 cap fulls to each stock tank .Plus like Haro said koi destroy every thing in the pond .Only place I can keep plants is in the filters and upper small pond .Even hyacinth in the floaters keep getting tipped over so they can get the plants

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tilth

Latest Threads