j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds good and hope they fix it right and hope the fish will be ok while all this re-doing is going on. Glad you have the big holding tank for the fish using the old pond water. Too bad you can't save a bunch more of the old water and keep it good w/a pump running. Kids big cheap pool might help.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Sounds good and hope they fix it right and hope the fish will be ok while all this re-doing is going on. Glad you have the big holding tank for the fish using the old pond water. Too bad you can't save a bunch more of the old water and keep it good w/a pump running. Kids big cheap pool might help.
The good news is, all the good bacteria in our primary filter system will remain wet and thriving, so I'm not overly concerned. It won't be like completely cycling the pond from new. And I'm actually glad our temps will be dropping a bit this week, making it less stressful for the fish while they are back in the temporary housing and fasting a few days. Working from home allows me to keep a close eye, monitor water quality, and react as needed. And the holding tank has a large filter and waterfall running as well. I think we'll come through okay! I appreciate the support!

Ask a Question