Im not exactly new....but im back!

Reaction score
wow says like you have been through a lot .I treat my animals like children babied and spoiled

I had been through heck and back...lost a lot of confidence in myself and the things I was good at. Im just starting to make a come back again! and seems like we are on the same page! my pets are my babies, I even worry about hurting their feeling haha.

welcome back!
chalkboard.gif
Blue_back.gif

Thank you addy!

talal
Glad you came back and now we get to watch you build a nice new pond. We want pix of course :)
My sister is going through the parathyroid thing right now. I hope she will get her surgery soon so she can feel better. She's had the high calcium in her blood for years but her old doc's never told her anything about why. New doc now and he diagnosed it. Her symptoms are awful :(

Thank you J.W, Yes of course, just as soon as spring decides to take a proper hold here, I will start taking pics!

Oh my goodness don't even start me on the horrible awful symptoms, I was always exhausted and moody and depressed and my anxiety was awful. I had panic attacks on an almost constant basis, I was so scared of not being able to breathe that I constantly monitored my breathing and began to consciously breathe which made me over breathe and feel like I was lacking oxygen......calcium levels were high and a few docs kept saying "oh its barely high"....I spent 6 months fearing that death was my next destination at any moment. I finally met a doctor who had also discovered the same problem with my cousin and it was a month and then surgery was done. My thoughts and prayers are with your sister, may she finally find some peace and relaxation after the surgery is done....its no joke at all.

Hello and welcome back! I dont want to give you a hard time but I wonder if you have kept Koi in a 2' deep pond in Canada before? Are they able to survive those harsh Winters in such shallow water?

Thank you for the welcome and I understand and appreciate your concerns but no way will the koi or goldfish be over-wintering in the pond outside....its just WAY too darn cold here. Gets to -45 some nights. They will only be out there from may-august and then indoors in a large heated holding tank for the winter months. I don't even let the cat outside in the winter. Your not giving me a hard time at all, I actually appreciate you mentioning it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thank you talal for you thoughts and prayers for my wonderful sister. She means the world to me. I found her when she was 18yrs old and I was 22. We never knew of each other till then. She now lives only 45mins from me and I enjoy being w/ her every minute that I can :)

Reaction score
Thank you talal for you thoughts and prayers for my wonderful sister. She means the world to me. I found her when she was 18yrs old and I was 22. We never knew of each other till then. She now lives only 45mins from me and I enjoy being w/ her every minute that I can :)

Only someone who has either had the disease or is close to someone who does will understand how awful it can be so no thanks is needed. I hope there will be many many more years of happiness for the both of you. Just keep in mind, hyper-parathyroidism can be highly familial, therefore you should keep an eye on your calcium levels and make sure you mention you sister's disease....that usually stirs up those crazy docs.

Reaction score
There is a member, named callingcolleen1 who lives in medicine hat and keeps her pond running year round. I'm not sure about her pond sizes, but there are three if them connected together. She has her filters under water. She uses a 1250 or 1500 watt heater when needed and it keeps the water flowing all year round. I'm not saying you need to ir should do that too, just throwing out an idea for you :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes talal check out Colleens threads on her ponds. I have the same underwater filters that she uses and I love them.

Reaction score
There is a member, named callingcolleen1 who lives in medicine hat and keeps her pond running year round. I'm not sure about her pond sizes, but there are three if them connected together. She has her filters under water. She uses a 1250 or 1500 watt heater when needed and it keeps the water flowing all year round. I'm not saying you need to ir should do that too, just throwing out an idea for you :)

Oh yes, I have read some of colleen's posts and seen some of her threads....I would imagine the cost to run that equipment would be quite high, its much easier and cheaper to bring them inside for the winter, it is also a lot less stressful to me to bring them indoors....otherwise I would be out there daily checking on them and im building the pond in the far corner of my yard....I don't want to have to walk all the way there in the freezing cold through the snow all the time. But thank you for the suggestions....im also planning an out of pond filter so I don't think its the right setup for me.

Hello and welcome back! (y)

Hi Becky, thank you for the welcome.....im going to pm you about updating the reply feature on the site.

Reaction score
Yes talal check out Colleens threads on her ponds. I have the same underwater filters that she uses and I love them.

Do you mind sending me a link, or telling me the name of the filter....it seems much easier than making my own (although I do prefer my home made ones), I have been doing it to some degree on my aquariums since I was 8 hahah.

Reaction score

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sissy I could not figure that out either. I don't have any that are yellow on the outside just the green outside core and black on the inside core. All I can figure is maybe they used to have yellow ones and they just were too cheap to change the box.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought maybe like matala mats for ponds they may be different grades .Like fine medium and course

Reaction score
I thought maybe like matala mats for ponds they may be different grades .Like fine medium and course

That is a good idea there sissy, you might be on to something. Perhaps an email sent to them would help clarify. Personally im with J.W on it just being an old model.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
googled them and it shows blue ones the green ones ,black ones and yellow ones .You can also buy replacement filters and said the inner core for all of them are now black and not blue any more

Ask a Question