I'm sad :(

Reaction score
I lost a total of seven fish this year. My pond had about 5 inches of ice though. Also, thanks to kids and a stupid dog, I have to rebuild my water fall, TOTALLY. Has anybody heard of Viking Stone? A landscaper told me about it and I was wondering if anybody has used it. Oh, yeah, I havew to redo the stones around my pond to. I HATE MY DOG.

Has anybody used any sealant or rtv between the rock surrounding the waterfall? I was wondering about drying time and safeness for the fish.

Reaction score
do you keep a hole open in the ice in winter? 5" is thick but a good air bubbler would keep the ice open. The above adhesive is good there are others that are also good I like the black stuff best kinds blends into the shadows under the stones.

Reaction score
pondlady said:
do you keep a hole open in the ice in winter? 5" is thick but a good air bubbler would keep the ice open. The above adhesive is good there are others that are also good I like the black stuff best kinds blends into the shadows under the stones.

I didnt have a bubbler. It was cold. The hole I was making was about 2 ft wide, and within, no just, 4 hours, it was frozen again.

Reaction score
Opportunity--one way to look at it. Certainly frustrating as heck, but now that it's done you could look at it as an opportunity to improve things. Bummer about the cost though.

I have used a battery powered electric fence with great success with our dogs. They're older now and we don't need it, but when we did it worked GREAT. There's a company that sells one made in New Zealand--I'll find the link and send it (www.Kencove.com). It's hard to find good ones that work off a battery.

After a couple stings, the dogs wouldn't even go near it. Sad to hear them yelp, but man does it work.

Reaction score
The model I bought is actually a very mild shock. Not like a horse fence or some of the 110 volt models. And yes, I think kids would avoid it like the plague because it isn't pleasant, but really pretty mild.

Ask a Question