instinct practice or real

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i have eggs, clingers, and free swimmers i want any tobys segragated before any cannabalism starts... how long before they start eating the smaller ones?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
i have eggs, clingers, and free swimmers i want any tobys segragated before any cannabalism starts... how long before they start eating the smaller ones?

You will know, so will get big real quick. I isolate them to their own tank.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
my biggest problem is that they used the hiacynths the sticky guys are all over them ,eggs too! and they are invisible in the roots,even on the leaves barely seen
and iwas thinking of buying a roll of window screen (nylon) and making a floating cage for them in the basement pond. seeing as tho i never pumped the water out, there are still fish down there,cause my friend has put his pond on hold. so i thought i could start them in the cage and transfer out as they become large enough. or put a nylon over the prefilter and get a smaller statuary pump and just pump the water thru a zeolite chamber.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yeah the majority of eggs remaining have fungus... is this gonna hurt the fry? or can i leave it be for a day or 2 so the rest of the clingers can detatch from leaves and roots? should of went full dose on the fungacide.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I never put any meds in , most the eggs hatched ,On day 7 i just took the left over eggs out .

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I had some fuzzy eggs,,most were the white ones that were not fertilized..
I read something that said not to worry about them..So i gave the good ones a few extra days to hatch, and then took every thing out .The unhatched eggs smelled . Good riddens

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i gotta say .. this is like watching paint dry..or grass grow...although alot slower!!!! my golfish fry should start hatching out in a day or so. i didnt bring in many tho!!!

Ask a Question