Interior decorating — dilemma....window treatment on door

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I know walnut oil is pricy, and I believe it darkens it a little, bit much. My roommate uses it in her home made dog food, I think it was like $50 for a gallon. But for a darker natural oil, it does condition wood nice. And any small scratches are easy to fix. I’d probably recommend conditioning raw wood / dry wood with another oil first till it’s fairly well hydrated, then use the walnut oil as a finishing oil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I use it to keep my fret board conditioned and clean, also on a guitar I was fixing up for my son where the frets had dried out. If I have an older piece of furniture I use it if it does not have a layer of paint or Polly I get out scruff marks. You can get walnut oil in the supermarket in the oil section.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I use it to keep my fret board conditioned and clean, also on a guitar I was fixing up for my son where the frets had dried out. If I have an older piece of furniture I use it if it does not have a layer of paint or Polly I get out scruff marks. You can get walnut oil in the supermarket in the oil section.
Ha, in an area is popular or a health store here. Out in podunk areas, I’m lucky to find coconut oil! Otherwise it online or hour and a half drive to the city health food store.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Managed to pull the curtains off the bottom edge of the doors, but for now am going to leave the tops attached as this is the only window treatment for now. It wasn’t hard at all to remove the strips that the curtains were stapled to. And the condition of the door was better than I expected, though I don’t know what I expected. There are only 3 nails that have to be dealt with.

A5242816-5645-447E-B42F-10559FE05FC7.jpeg
817E4D1C-D251-40A8-AC99-199283D26699.jpeg

So, right now I’m experimenting with paint colors/textures. I want light, but not too transparent.

1AAAFDED-5F89-4D97-8978-23568D0F033C.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That door is great, I have a single door that cannot and expand for a larger one even though our front door is tiny. I like the effect on the lower right window pane it seems the brightest. You could also paste lace to the window panes. I am doing that in my dinning room when finished.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful door! Me too like the blur of the bottom right and that it is also so clear!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I vote lower right hand corner also ,it looks like old time glass, wavy

Ask a Question