It's All About Annuals! :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hello fellow crazy ponders and rocks hoarders! Thought I'd pick your brains for a bit.

I have always loved the thought of flowering annuals planted directly in bogs. Now that I have a large bog I am thinking of picking some up. But I sort of hit a wall trying to find ones that can grow with wet feet all the time.

I know there are impatiens and sunpatiens. I have recently tried annual lobilia. And of course tropical like EE and Canna's But that is about it.

I am looking for flowering annuals that can handle full sun along with their wet feet. not plants you would typically get in pond stores but more like regular old annuals from the nursery. I read somewhere that snapdragons can but I am not sure.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
While you are thinking of a response here is a picture of a bunny with a pancake on it's head.

rabbit_pancake.gif

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What about perennials? I have black eyed susans in my bog and in my pond, they do really well. For annuals I put in about two weeks ago coleus in my bog and creek, they get mostly sun in the creek and seem to be doing fine even though they need part shade. I would try petunias you could do wave petunias around the edge to trail over or you could do regular petunias. I also have lobelia growing in my creek and seems to be doing good but like the coleus has only been in there for two weeks. I am going to try zinnias and dalhias in my creeks this year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Tman, I have a bunch a perennials in the bog and I suspect once they start growing it will be quite full. I am looking for a touch a color by using small annuals. I bought some lobilia and snap dragons last night. I will have to look into zinnias and dalhias.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Do like I do, get some cheap starter plants stick them in see how well they do. That is the way I test things out.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Here are my coleus and lobelia, they are doing quite well after several weeks and starting to grow, some have blooms on them. My dalia did not fare so well, however it was already on deaths doorstep by the time I put it in the bog.
P1060105.JPG
P1060106.JPG
P1060107.JPG
P1060108.JPG
P1060109.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noelia5838