It's my time, my small pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The biggest issue with pvc LINER is the sun and UV Ray's . If you ever found some plastic sheeting laying out side after a year you'll understand it becomes very brittle

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is UV resistent. ;) and the outside liner will be all covered

Covering will help, but "uv resistant" is a marketing term that doesn't actually mean anything specific. I would ask for clarification on how uv resistant it really is. Maybe Italy has some regulation on what qualifies as "uv resistant"? Humans are also UV resistant, but if you're out in the sun for a few hours, you're still going to get sunburned.

We're just trying to make sure future you is as happy with your pond as present you is.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Covering will help, but "uv resistant" is a marketing term that doesn't actually mean anything specific. I would ask for clarification on how uv resistant it really is. Maybe Italy has some regulation on what qualifies as "uv resistant"? Humans are also UV resistant, but if you're out in the sun for a few hours, you're still going to get sunburned.

We're just trying to make sure future you is as happy with your pond as present you is.
i just know that is UV resistant, the 0,5 mm isn't...but nothing more...ill seek more info maybe. :)
1st part:
2nd part:

Enough for today

Attachments

• 20211017_131110.jpg
    20211017_131110.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20211017_131120.jpg
    20211017_131120.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20211017_180221.jpg
    20211017_180221.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 30
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
i just know that is UV resistant, the 0,5 mm isn't...but nothing more...ill seek more info maybe. :)
1st part:
2nd part:

Enough for today
Dime; leave some of your diggings on the sides (or near enough) as you'll want the sides of your pond higher to prevent yard runoff during rains getting into your pond, unless you've planned something else to lift the edging higher already!

You're hard worker as evidenced by how fast you can dig! You'd win an Olympic medal for pond digging if they had such an event!

:D :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Dime; leave some of your diggings on the sides (or near enough) as you'll want the sides of your pond higher to prevent yard runoff during rains getting into your pond, unless you've planned something else to lift the edging higher already!

You're hard worker as evidenced by how fast you can dig! You'd win an Olympic medal for pond digging if they had such an event!

:D :D
Placed the bricks all around(like you can see in the pic) to higher all em and avoid anything to go into pond(soil and co.)...and for hide all liner with stones

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Placed some stones and understood that i still missing a bit of stones...i wish to finish all for the weekend :(

Attachments

• 20211020_182029.jpg
    20211020_182029.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211020_182038.jpg
    20211020_182038.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 43
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
The hard work of my helper.....

Attachments

• 20211020_163855.jpg
    20211020_163855.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The hard work of my helper.....
heh, with 'friends' like that, who needs enemies! That said, did you at least put a shovel near him so he can at least consider the prospect?

Looking good. One note, and tis more an esthetic consideration, but since your pond is rectangular and the stones outline it, think of extending the landscape around it to include more stone and boulders (half buried to look natural) and plantings that will take away some of the 'square-ness' of it all.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
heh, with 'friends' like that, who needs enemies! That said, did you at least put a shovel near him so he can at least consider the prospect?

Looking good. One note, and tis more an esthetic consideration, but since your pond is rectangular and the stones outline it, think of extending the landscape around it to include more stone and boulders (half buried to look natural) and plantings that will take away some of the 'square-ness' of it all.
i can't do that, alrdy got enough space of the garden and all will have fence to keep in my turtle and out my dogs...i know that isn't so natural, but i try to do my best to keep it nice and clear.
Already know that point when i start project, but can't do in other ways.
the only think that ill do later is to place plants like lysimachia all around and try hide a bit.
If i had more space had bigger and shaped pond for sure...but with my space i tried to take best amount of water...so rectangular shape.
Thanks for advice Brokensword anyway i try to do my best with what i got.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy

She is "the mind", so she need rest a lot...ah ah ah she dig the ground that i moved...her best :p

OT: nice site :D

Ask a Question