Just when I thought my water was great!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Got so much rain the last few days. I tested water today and it showed .50 of nitrite. I was a bit shocked because before rain it was at or close to 0.
Doing 30% water change today and some tomorrow.
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I was confused about it also. I am almost wondering if I got run off into pond. I have several gardens I fertilize. We had flash flooding several times in 24 hours.

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nitrite or nitrate? Rain would cause neither. If yiu have nutrients then you had ammonia in which case you aren't cycled, rain woukdnt cause that either. I feel the biggest chink in the armor of a fish keeper are the hobby grade test kits and that's really all that's available at the usual outlet.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
have frogs come out .I caught 3 today at my pond and they went to a new home .you have healthy plants growing so it should go down

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yup Meyer ,there are better ones meant for reef keepers that aren't too much higher in price though. Salifert and seachems come to mind.. Nitrate kits are about the most prone to go bad and or be inaccurate.

Ask a Question