Little pond in Central PA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi folks! For the past ten years, I've had a small pond in a 110 gal. stock tank, behind a 1 ft. high terrace wall along our drive. It now has a bog filter in a buried 20 gal. rubber container. Residents of the pond include snails and fancy goldfish, and currently hundreds of toad tadpoles. (At night, the grown-up toads show up, and I swear they're just cavorting after the awful heat of recent days - hopping in and crawling back out of the water, breeding obligations completed.) This and the larger pond I had at our previous place have been the most gratifying of landscape features - I don't walk by without stopping for a brief or a more lingering look, but you're all with me on that, I'm sure! (Well, gratifying when there aren't any problems... haha! ) We'll be moving in a year or two, and I look forward to installing a somewhat larger and more 'natural' pond at a new home, while keeping it at a size I can manage as I continue to age. I look forward to chatting with you all here!
SuAnn

Attachments

• Pond.jpg
    Pond.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 97
L

Lin

Hi and welcome. Lovely Little Pond. I' m new to this Forum too. Folks are very friendly and helpful here.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum!

Nice pond!
I checked out your pond progress pics - not only does that man know how to gift a gal - wow! - but I'm so impressed with your ambition and confidence! Looking forward to seeing your ponds evolve.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
That looks real nice, very natural looking (well camouflaged) for a stock tank. Welcome to the forums!

Ask a Question