Lobelia cardinalis wilting

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
any ideas? It's in he bog. It grew well in spring but now it's not. I did add more plants to the bog but no real changes are happening. Advise?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is that the plant that starts out close to the ground, with some reddish-purplish foliage, but then shoots up to the sky, and looks nothing even similar to its early stage growth? I think I have some of that coming up in my turtle-bog, but it's not grown at all this year -- still just barely peeking out. Curious to see what responses you get.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Is there any other noticeable differences besides wilting? Is it in full sun, part sun, shade? Did you plant it this year?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Planted it last year. It was going strong but suddenly wilted. I noticed another plant doing the same but when I added additional light that other plant went strong but I have removed the extra light in the last few days..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Sadly the two main stalls are pretty much dead I think lifted mostly by he stand... the branch that grew off shoot that I moved 6 inches away is doing well but is no where near as tall as those two stalks. The blue lobelia that is new and not from last year is doing great despite fighting for space with obedient plants and a hardy hibiscus.

I used this light.

Ask a Question