Love those afternoon Pop up Showers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
After working six days this week and having only one day off.......I was dreading dragging the water hose around and watering everything tomorrow......but low and behold (you guys can tell I am Southern.....lol ) but a little Pop up thunderstorm sat right on top of us and according to my rain gauge dropped 1 1/2" of rain on us in a tiny little area......gonna put a little extra in the collection plate in the morning......lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I just got through dragging the hose around the yard. I do a little each day on these warm days we don't usually get here. That's ok I will take the dry warm sunshine any day over rain!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We went from having way to much rain to being dry. Could use a few pop up storms

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
And here no rain yet .Just watered stuff and my 2 tanks underground have been empty for 2 weeks now .Rain rain please come my way again or at least soon .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I want rain. Just got done lugging water buckets from my rain barrels around the garden. Now they are empty. I'm with Sissy, rain needed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Just finished dragging the hose around the gardens and back washing the pond filter....that was AFTER I dragged my neighbors hose around and watered their gardens since they're on vacation:eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just finished dragging the hose around the gardens and back washing the pond filter....that was AFTER I dragged my neighbors hose around and watered their gardens since they're on vacation:eek:
You definitely need some rain then. Two gardens in this heat

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
they talk about all this rain on the weather channel and I laugh and say where ,not here.My 1 tank under ground holds over 500 gallons and 2nd tank holds about 250 gallon and have rain barrels and they have been empty for over 2 or 3 weeks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Just finished dragging the hose around the gardens

We FINALLY (after years of saying "hey we should do that!") invested in some quality soaker hoses and some hose timers. WHAT A TIME SAVER! I now have four of my garden beds on drip with timers - don't even have to think about it and they get watered. Everything looks better because they get watered consistently instead of when I realize they are suffering. One of those "duh!" moments!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have soaker hoses for around my house but when you have 3 +acres watering takes a back seat and well is more important

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We FINALLY (after years of saying "hey we should do that!") invested in some quality soaker hoses and some hose timers. WHAT A TIME SAVER! I now have four of my garden beds on drip with timers - don't even have to think about it and they get watered. Everything looks better because they get watered consistently instead of when I realize they are suffering. One of those "duh!" moments!
I need to get more soaker hoses. I currently have one set up around my hydrangeas.....but still drag the hose to hanging baskets and gardens without soaker hoses. You're right, it makes life so much easier and I just leave the one I have in place year round!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bought mine end of season at walmart 2 dollars for 50 foot long ones .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Dragging hoses out to water 80 Arborvitae street trees! One hour for each set of about 7 trees! Gonna be up to 90 again today and I will of course be throwing more wood chips!
upload_2018-7-16_10-31-49.gif

Ask a Question