Miniature village and lake

Reaction score
nice site and info very much appreciated, I have a 2k pond with miniature mountains and rivers and lakes, waterfalls, soon will be adding a ho scale railroad and village, its a year old and will take many years to finish any suggestions are welcome
the Pond has an ultraviolet, and bio filter, pump moves 1,200 gals an hour, 5 foot deep and graduates to 8 inch shallows, lilly pad bed and 2 rock caves for the gold, shubunkins, Koi, brim, waterfall comes from the bio filter, and mountains have 5 springs feeding the river.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
se18 is a big builder like that .I just built a house on my pond and did a lighthouse but all has to wait until I get waterfall rebuilt

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
OH, HOW COOL IS THAT! You even have a fairy princess ;) We are a "dragon" family, and over the last 2 years Santa brought Hubby various outdoor dragon art to go around the pond -- but he wants to keep it in the house, instead! Where did you get the dragon & castle? How does it hold up to the weather? And where in Arkansas are you?

Oh, and welcome to the GPF!

Reaction score
Very cool. Do you have any Dragon Carp?

Nice rock work. But my fav, and something I will rip off, is the fountain/falls deal at about 0:45 into the video. Never seen anything like it and I think it's cool as heck.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
It is wonderful. What scale RR are you going to use. I would use a steam train motif with cars and engines from the late 1800's. This is a pic of the 1889 steam train in Hill City South Dakota. It is not hard to imagine it running through your creation.

train-from-above_550.jpg

Reaction score
no dragon carp.. have been adjusting the mountains ... the trains will be HO scale, 3.5 mm (0.1378 in) building the rail bed is next, http://www.venturea.com/br1.jpg a pic of what i have in mind, a bridge across the narrows and a tunnel someplace, also a marina and boats... i have a miniature water proof cam for when i can find a miniature RC sub, gonna film the shubunkins ..

whats the scoop on algie eaters ?? how much cold can they stand?

Reaction score
ya Howard am thinking steam age i would like to get the Challenger #3985 i have seen it 1 mile from my house.. as well as this one..took these a few years back.

wonder if i could make a under water [under the pond] tunnle plexy glass for the train?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If you are talking about the Pleco algae eaters they like it warm say around 70 - 75F or they will crockamundo in cold water.

Ask a Question