Misc ramblings...

Reaction score
That was sad to read, but very nice tradition to make.

My day just keeps getting better. I got a call from the gentlemen who took two of our pond spawn babies ... they are alive and well, and wants to come over in the next few days to take the three big fish I am willing to give up:) Thinking I;ll have to put it off til next week tho. Have another person coming out this weekend too for babies (inside and easy for ME to get) ...

Reaction score
okay .. I am sad this morning ... Last night the folks came to see the pond spawn babies ... took two koi about 9-10" and two comets (pond isnt that big, and told them that was all I was willing to sell them) ... felt good helping a novice and making another pond friend ... as I had already posted, the last babies we placed, that gentlemen wanted three of our bigger fish from outside ... Hubby is procrastinating going to work today so hits me with the when does he want to get him ... explain to hubby the gentlemen is understanding of his schedule, and doesnt mind waiting a couple of weeks or so ... so he tells me to call him to see if he is available .. he should be here in about 20 minutes:-( If I am going to place any of the kids I am attached to, this is the right home ... experienced ponder, and I have an open invitation to visit them (his house is maybe 10 minutes from here) ... It just sucks that today is actually THE DAY that they are going ....

Reaction score
Someday soon will be later today I think LOL. Hubby got the first two, the bigger two, within 5 minutes, but cant catch the third guy ... Pond is dirty, cant see more than 24" down ... The lower pond has about 35 fish in it, and I swear we could have caught every other fish out there ten times over, except for the one blue guy ... Had the two in the cooler for a good half hour, so sent him home to acclimate them to his pond and will try again later. Son tried again for a few minutes, and actually got him into the net, but he got out:-( Told hubby to shut the pump down, so all the muck settles (need a fines or sediment filter badly), and will do a partial water change tonight (from the bottom), and grab him while the water level is lower, and run him over to his new home.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Now I feel bad, blue fish desperate to stay with you and does not want to leave pond! I hate catching fish, it stresses the whole pond out, maybe just leave him and tell the guy that he just can't be caught right now, then save him for your new bigger pond! :)

Reaction score
He cant go in the next pond, he's too big. Hubby has 16 pots of lilies going in the new pond, and if he ate any, he'd become a couple of fish sandwiches:-(

He is still out there for now ... just got back from working on the clients pond ... well, I did a lot of watching, hubby is still playing with rocks ... I did rob our pond of a bunch of plant starts for them tho and got what I could planted:)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
971799_651723341508942_1178294544_n.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks Colleen, and I know that tends to make life so much easier BUT tried that method last night and still couldnt get the little shit ... Have a lot of dirt blowing into the pond, so drained about 1200 gallons last night, and draining more tonight (draining the pond from the bottom) ... Going to drain about 25% to get some of the dirt out, so the water level will keep decreasing til we get the brat. If hubby doesnt get him tonight, I think he plans on going IN after him. Once the depth gets down to about 3' it wont be as bad.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
He'll catch him I bet if he goes in the pond. Sometimes they settle down when you are walking in there and come and nibble on you then you make your move!

Ask a Question