Misc ramblings...

Reaction score
Just got back in a little while ago ... He (the fish) really isnt making more work, just forcing hubby to make the time to clean our pond. Hubby didnt even try tonight to get it. The buyer is awesome and understands how this goes. The fish is already paid for (offered to give the money back til he was caught), and says he will just hold our cooler that he borrowed hostage LOL... He would rather we take our time and not stress anyone. The difference between a novice and an experienced person.

Not sure if you are asking about our new pond, or the client ...

For us, still just a rough hole hubby dug that one day ... He is so backed up with work ... It's after 8 pm now, and is just getting around to adding water back to our pond ... with the rain coming, doesnt want to leave it so low another night:-(

As to the clients pond ... behind there too ... a few days lost due to rain (cant work there in the crap we've been getting), and the client keeps adding more things to the list. The pond is actually done, with the exception of needing a few rocks to hide the 100 gallon skippy (most of it is hidden), it really is just a handful of rocks left there ... between today and yesterday, I gave her all the plant starts I could spare (plants were not included but love this client) and got them all planted ... well, except for the water cress starts ... hubby has to plant those (he left holes in the waterfall for them) ... hubby and employee spent today rearranging her plants ... her yard is like a nursery LOL. I came home tonight with at least 100 iris plants (more of the purple we already have, some whites the same size, yellow flags, and a group of time will tell what color they are LOL), a big bucket of "ice plant"??? and more wild violets ... she would have given us more, but I had to say we had no more temp places to put things ... once we have more room tho, I'll definately get more:)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
601709_180173478813515_120431945_n.jpg

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
1016629_10151715874420421_1774809751_n.jpg

HOME MADE MOSQUITO REPELLENT (ALSO FOR ANTS & FLEAS)
(And free from chemicals that poison the body)

Ingredients:

... 1/2 litre of alcohol
100 gram of whole cloves
100 ml of baby oil or similar (almond, sesame, chamomile, lavender, fennel etc)

Preparation:
Leave cloves to marinate in alcohol four days
Stir every morning and evening
After 4 days add the oil
It's now ready to use.

How to use:

Gently rub a few drops into the skin of the arms and legs.
Observe the mosquitoes fleeing the room.
Repels fleas on pets too

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Am in the middle of converting an old greenhouse to use as a fish house.

After about 2 hours of me working in it my wife came by and spotted this little fellow. She took this picture of a female black widow with egg case.

Roomie1closeup.jpgCloseup1.jpg

An nope I did not do that wiring :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
HTH said:
Am in the middle of converting an old greenhouse to use as a fish house.

After about 2 hours of me working in it my wife came by and spotted this little fellow. She took this picture of a female black widow with egg case.

attachicon.gif
Roomie1closeup.jpg
attachicon.gif
Closeup1.jpg

An nope I did not do that wiring :)
oh my I hate those things, in arizona they were everywhere. Until I planted a lot of eucalyptus, for some reason they do not like the shubs/ trees something to do with the oils they release.

One time I went to make my bed in a rental (one of those one room apts) A widow had made a web from the foot of the bed to the head all along the wall...............I stepped into that sticky web mess, about had a heart attack. Would not sleep in my bed until I found and wiped out the spider.

Had one make a web under the steering wheel of my car..........over night. YUCK!

And HTH fess up you did that wiring, we know you did..............

kioguy, I am going to try that..........bugs love me

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well coffee time and thought I would check in .Got another bad storm last night after midnight .Branches and wind damage again .What weird summer this is

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Weird weather is right Sissy, caused too much rain here, but before all that rain came, things were so dry I was worried that we would have a very dry summer! Got to get my fish back from my sisters... or what is left of them, big heron ate some after I moved some of them to my Sisters house, trouble is is water is so murky I can't see them to catch them!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Now I hear the flood money that all people on the flood plain were supposed to get, may not happen for everyone. Some new rule, you have to be out of your home for seven days or you won't quailify!! Bull crap!!! When Saskatchewan had their flood two years ago, all flood victims got 3000 dollars within days!!

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Life in the bible belt.

At sunup I was crossing the street from the shop to the house and was hijacked by a 70 year old Presbyterian preacher to go look at his new church, an old Farm Bureau insurance building . Of course there was the mandatory invite for Sunday.

He was not a complete stranger. A few weeks ago his family stopped by to pickup free tomato plants and we visited for about an hour. Now I am a mark.

We have too many churches already. Each church wants their own building and they all have to be paid for and maintained. That would be a lot easier if the were fewer churches with larger memberships. If you want a small church meet in a public place or a members home. Hurrmph.

Ask a Question