Misc ramblings...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score

NORTHERN LIGHTS ANTICIPATED! The Geophysical Institute is forecasting that Auroral activity will be high starting today through most of the weekend. Weather per...mitting, highly active auroral displays will be visible visible as far south as Cleveland Ohio! You can find the complete forecast at this link: http://www.gi.alaska.edu/AuroraForecast/NorthAmerica/2013/04/12

Reaction score
sissy said:
I use spinach in my salads I like the test better but i know that is one of the veggies to get the most from you need to cook it .Odd isn't it as it is usually the other way round .I just love my spinach .
I had never heard that at all ... doesnt mean you are wrong, I just always thought when we cook something, nutrients are lost, and the MORE you cook it, the more lost ... I love freshly blanched spinach ... glad to know this!

Reaction score
callingcolleen1 said:
Tomatoes are like that too. There is a powerful antioxidant called Lycopene, and it needs to be cooked in order to get extract it. :)
I am on a roll here on this learning curve ... one of my favorite MEATLESS dinners is to saute freshly diced toms, garlic, spinach and feta, then tossed with penn pasta ... please dont tell me there is anything bad about feta .. sitting here thinking one of my favorite meals is hitting high on the healthy score board LOL...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
spinach is high in vitamin C.. but likes to hold on to it...steaming helps unlock it...
i love tomatoes.. one of my favoritte fruits!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Good grief, I have looked deep into the blue beautiful pools of water next to my house, and fell in love with my pond all over again!
Me, Bear, Poppy and all the fish had a good dose of the vitamin D!

Attachments

• IMAG6581.jpg
    IMAG6581.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMAG6574.jpg
    IMAG6574.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 229
  • IMAG6553.jpg
    IMAG6553.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 266
  • IMAG6536.jpg
    IMAG6536.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 224
Reaction score
Dont get me going on cell phones! I am soooo against texting and driving. I will take a SHORT call while driving, but I mean under a minute. I am a great multi tasker, but I need to be watching out for the idiots ...

NOT car related, but was getting annoyed with a rude person today on her cell ... Hubby took me over to get my nails done ... that sounds bad in itself LOL ... I put off going, and he gets on me to get them done (the I dont do enough FOR ME, but focus on everyone else) ... so anyways, we were there shortly after the place opens ... being worked on, and hubby, I and the man doing my nails notice a woman come in, LOUDLY talking on the phone (not in English either, she was Brazilian) ... Think she'll get off when the tech takes her... nope .. she chatted the entire time she got her new set done (for the guys, a new set takes about 45 minutes) ... once the tech was done, she hung up to go over to the driers, and then starts texting, and texted the whole time over there ... the man working on me (the owner) was joking with us that he was going to put up a no cell phone sign just for her ... he was saying sure, people's phones ring and they answer, but they get right off ... not this woman ... and she was soooo loud ... just RUDE.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i dont know if hes capable of conveying 'his' thoughts, and ideas fluently on his own...but if he is, would it matter? same bull $#!t, different day!

Reaction score
So last night as dinner is almost done, hubby tells me he has to go back outside for a few minutes, Tell him he has ten minutes til dinner is ready ...

This is what he did:)

Looks like he is getting ready for the next pond:) He knew he didnt have much time, so the hose is only showing a general area .. what he did was just get a rough surface area drawn out to measure for liner size ... 20 x 25 he says... so about 4500 gallons ... not too bad for a baby grow out area and his lilies (I was hoping for 1800-2000 gallons) ...

The pond will be pretty square/rectangular ... needs to be moved over a bit ... need a bit of walking and planting room next to the boulders (patio above it) ,,, and where you see the extra liner/weed barrier in the upper right of the pic will be a waterfall/small river, and need to give room for a bridge, to get to the upper area ... where you see the square rock (my temp chair to feed the fish LOL), that will be a small patio area eventually (with a shade tree), and still needs to get more boulders to retain that hill ... and needs LOTS of rocks ... still short rocks on the main pond ...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
must be nice...i wanna redo mine...just cant seem to swing it... every time its lookin good something comes up. gonna have to ask 'my man upstairs' to assist me i guess.

479891_491562227565021_1981989176_n.jpg

Ask a Question