Misc ramblings...

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I feel that our country is changing too. Change is not always bad... we have to accept the fact that Christians are no longer going to be the number one religion, and that we will be consumed by the current fastest growing religion ... which I believe is Muslim. Not all Muslims are bad or extreme, just like not all Christians are good either. I only hope that we can still live together in harmony, and be all happy and free to worship the religion of choice.

Here in Medicine Hat I work with many Muslim people, and I must say that they seem to have better morles that some of our today's kids. The girls are usually virgins when they get married, and I have not seen an unmarried Muslim women with children from three different fathers either, nor would you find them on"Jerry Springer"! I like the Muslim people that I have met and worked with so far. They are really some of the nicest families I have seen around here in a while! The women also are very good cooks and I have had some of their meals with them and they are just very tasty and traditional dishes, which I very much enjoyed. They don't try to change me, and they all have very large families. The Muslims that I know are just like you and me, and they mostly dress like you and me too, and their bible has some of the same stories as my bible!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
64266_468424693235172_368694068_n.jpg
44832_4622236759412_1500679032_n.jpg

Reaction score
HARO said:
Sad, isn't it? Dumbing down the smarter kids so everyone feels smart. Much easier than actually trying to teach the slower kids anything!
John
I noticed it a few years ago with our kids friends and then just throught I was being too critical, as we were homeschoolers, and it's no secret homeschooled children often receive a superior education. When I saw this little girls work, I hit our bookcases ... My youngest is turning 18, so was thinking it was just me, and I had forgotten what was taught at what level. Well, after flipping through some of the science books I hadnt gotten rid of yet, found our friends daughters work to be right on target. Most of these reports were related to the atmosphere/space, so it's simple to understand what would be appropriate vocabulary terms for her to be using, and the school is saying her vocabulary is too advanced??? Come on, my middle school level science books are a bit older now, but 2000-2001 isnt THAT long ago. It's pathetic. Our children should be encouraged to learn all they can, not be shot down for it.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
24654_109036672604837_1037260265_n.jpg

the church is asking for a tythe which means 10%. and this is a request mandated by GOD himself.
what makes government think its due more than our lord?

Reaction score
Colleen, I dont know my Canadian history nearly as well as I should, but the US was founded based on certain principles, including Freedom of Religion. If people want to immigrate here, fine, blend in, and enjoy the oppurtunities, but dont ask us to change our foundations to meet their needs. I believe there is but one God, and that is MY belief, but I am tolerant of others having a different belief. Dont come here and disrespect our flag and the freedoms so many have died to give us. Here, and in my view, it is ONE NATION UNDER GOD, and IN GOD WE TRUST.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
IN SIMPLE TERMS, THIS IS THE OUTLOOK ALL AMERICANS SHOULD HAVE..
246740_431429240247681_1183930628_n.jpg
LETS SEE WHO AGREES BY HITTING THE LIKE BUTTON..
HOW ABOUT YOU? FOR ALL IT TAKES FOR EVIL TO PROSPER IS GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING.
TO NOT VOICE OPINION OR TAKE A STAND FOR WHATS RIGHT IS AS BAD THAN THE EVIL ITSELF.

AND YOU TOO CANADA!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
It's OK, it won't happen overnight, you too will be "assimilated" ha ha ha! Just kidding, and I am not looking forward to being assimilated either, but up here in Canada, they have very large familes and appear to be "out breeding us" and in Brooks, Alberta where my hubby works, there are more of "them" than "us" in the schools and we have become the "minority". I see more and more of "them" than us every day in Medicine Hat too, and now they have their " own grocery aisle" and in some cases they have more than one grocery aisle to find their types of food. When they first started to appear a few years back, I couldn't help but look, with their long flowing gowns and veils, but now I have grown acustom to seeing "them" everywhere and accepted my fate ..... :)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
NO DOUBT

capewind said:
Sorry, I still havent adjusted to grocery items being packaged in both English and Spanish ....
I CANNOT STAND...HAVING TO PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH... well, truth be told...thats actually more because i cant stand those stupid automated systems in general!!....lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
HARO said:
Sad, isn't it? Dumbing down the smarter kids so everyone feels smart. Much easier than actually trying to teach the slower kids anything!
John
That's been going on for as long as there have been large public schools. It's expensive to teach kids differently based on their ability, and not every school has a gifted and talented program. Smaller schools do alright, because they have fewer kids per teacher, and _can_ teach differently even with less money.

It's part of why I was home-schooled until middle school, and my parents were very careful about where they sent their kids (of course, they had the ability, time, and awareness to make that decision and fight schools where necessary. I worry for those who don't...).

*sadness*

Sz

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
capewind said:
Colleen, I dont know my Canadian history nearly as well as I should, but the US was founded based on certain principles, including Freedom of Religion. If people want to immigrate here, fine, blend in, and enjoy the oppurtunities, but dont ask us to change our foundations to meet their needs. I believe there is but one God, and that is MY belief, but I am tolerant of others having a different belief. Dont come here and disrespect our flag and the freedoms so many have died to give us. Here, and in my view, it is ONE NATION UNDER GOD, and IN GOD WE TRUST.
Things that shocked me when I realized them: both "one nation under god" and "in god we trust" were added long after the founding of this country.

"One nation under god" was added in the 1950s: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance

'in god we trust" was added in the 1860s: http://www.treasury.gov/about/education/Pages/in-god-we-trust.aspx

*random*

Sz

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
capewind said:
Sorry, I still havent adjusted to grocery items being packaged in both English and Spanish ....
Huh. I grew up in New Hampshire, so I was used to seeing both English and French on many things. I don't recall if it was on packaging or not, but I was quite surprised to move further south and _not_ have anything in french. Not that I speak or read french, mind you. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
And in other news... I totally got myself filthy dragging out the lilies and splitting them up.

One pot was _crazy_ heavy and full of root mass. It actually had fewer splits when I was done than the next smallest, but it had so many roots! I suspect it was a pink one, just because I had more pink than white.

The next wasn't awful, and it was rather amusing to see the line of tubers all around the outside of the pot. I kept one of those, to see what color it ends up being.

The last pot I suspect was really recantly added; possibly right before we bought the house a couple of years ago. There weren't a whole lot of lilies in there yet, so I just spread them out a bit more and put them back. Now I just need to figure out where flowers are coming from once they start flowering.

Tomorrow, to attack the pickerel weed. ;)

Ask a Question