Muck Remover and Biofilm

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all.

Just curious if adding Muck Remover to my pond could have caused a biofilm. I added the Muck Remover to the pond yesterday. It was my first treatment, so I doubled the number of tablets per the directions. It also rained yesterday. Today the pond had a biofilm (or whatever you would call the oily-looking slick on top of the water).

The pond (around 3000 gallos) is spring-fed and over-flows into a larger pond down-hill, so the water is constantly turning over. There is also a DIY waterfall (done by previous owners), so there is constant water movement.

At the moment there is a good amount of Chara in the pond. I've been enjoying the clarity it has provided, but it is starting to get out of hand. I removed a bunch of it today.

I have seven fish (Shubunkin, Goldfish, and 1 Koi), and at least two fry that have survived so far this year.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Not a product I have used but I suspect you are right, otherwise quite a coincidence, unless the rain washed something in. I expect the film will eventually dissipate via overflow from the spring.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Muck remover is bacteria and microbes and enzimes id suspect to see something at the surface if i didn't have crazy filtration,

Ask a Question