My new goldfish pond with a 9'9" x 9'9" liner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Just ordered the pump and filter, next time around ill make my own filter system. Ill put some new pics up this weekend i should have it closer to completion. Hope to have Ryukin goldfish in it by sunday.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
builder your own is cheap and a fun little hobby you can build onto .I watched you tube there are so many on there it is amazing .

Reaction score
Sounds great. How many fish are you planning to add? I suggest you start with not more than two. This is to make it easy for the microbes that oxidize ammonia and nitrite to grow to a population that can handle the waste of more fish. After three weeks, if your water tests show zero ammonia and zero nitrite, add two more. I also suggest that you start out with no more than one fish per 50 gallons. That leaves room for fish that you just can't resist and babies that are just too cute not to keep.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to gpf and good luck with your pond. You may want to rethink ryukins and comets/shubunkins together. Fast and slow fish do not always mix well when they are spawning.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Thank ya, Ill have to upload new pics of my pond iv greatly added on and built a pavilion around the pond as well as a few other small things. Im from the Columbia Area annie

Ask a Question