NEARBY EXPLOSION

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
I understand secrets ,andthe need for them .I do not understand lies ,stupid blayten cover ups , tactical political motiveated amnesia ,till after the election ,makes me not trust anything they say or have said ! HUMMmm!

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
I'm not voting this year. I don't agree with some things going on and I don't see either one making it better. I don't like the whole electoral vote system. By the time I vote, the votes for my state have already been decided so it doesn't really matter. It should go back to popular vote. Every vote should count. Just my thoughts on it.

I'm a member of a jeep forum site and was reading some stories about things people find while out wheeling their jeeps. There are some still very active restricted bases still being used. Way out in the middle of nowhere.

Reaction score
There will always be things that the gov't chooses not to tell us for whatever reasons, and sometimes (rare these days it seems), it may be for legit reasons, and I can accept that. It is the mounting NON legit reasons that I take EXTREME offense to.

I promised myself that I wouldnt get too much into politics on chat boards, as I use them for my hobbies, and really dont want to see a LOT of politics here, but on the voting issue, I have to say something.

In 2008, I could NOT vote for Obama. I was raised Republican, and do share a lot of the OLD SCHOOL Repulican beliefs (my 21 year old son tells me I am more of a liberal conservative, whatever that means LOL), so it would be rare for me to vote Democrat anyways, but I like to keep MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE whoever I believe to be the best candidate open, regardless of party lines. The NUMBER ONE reason I could not vote for Obama was I didnt believe his background/life experiences, would put him into a position to do a good job for our country. I hated the concept of McCain. Before Mccain was the official GOP candidate, I looked at everyone, and could not find anyone I actually liked, so it became a process of elimination. I voted McCain AS THE LESSOR EVIL.

When Obama won the election, I accepted the win, and have repeatedly tried to give him the benefit of doubt. Like it or not, he became our president, and deserved the respect the president of our country was due. IN MY OPINION, regardless of what he inherited for a mess, he has done an even WORSE job than I thought he would.

Now, being from MA... Residents of our state have a lot of hands on feelings about Romney, and not all of them good, but he DID do SOME good things for this state, and while LIMITED, he did do MORE GOOD than HARM. I cant say that for Obama. MY vote will go to Romney, which of course could be considered a wasted vote, since MA almost always goes DEMOCRAT. Should I feel that my vote is not being counted? NO WAY IN HELL, because more and more people ARE VOTING, and SOMEDAY, this state will go more red. The Kennedy Reign of Power is OVER.

If you LIKE Obama, vote as in your right, FOR OBAMA.

If you LIKE Romney, vote as in your right, FOR ROMNEY.

If you DO NOT VOTE, you ARE ACCEPTING THINGS THE WAY THEY ARE, and DISPLAY your desire to continue on the road you are on. THJAT IS A VOTE FOR THE CURRENT PRESIDENT.

I shudder to think of my children EVER refusing to vote, because they dont like the choices or their vote wont count! They have been raised to be independant, hard working members of society, as I wish for every other child. Life is not fair, but it IS what YOU make of it. Our system is far from perfect, but it is that spark of independence that we all NEED to maintain our great nation. So many people have freely given their lives to defend YOUR RIGHTS, and the fact that so many are so DEFEATED to not even use their voice is so heart breaking, I cant even put it to words.

Again, if one LIKES OBAMA, and you think he has done a good job, VOTE FOR HIM. IF you feel Romney is the better option (or lessor evil), vote for him, but get out of your place of conpliancy or self pity and VOTE, or at least show RESPECT for those who have DIED for you to have your rights, and pick someone.

Sorry for the long vent/rant... it really isnt directed at any one person. I am so sick of people saying they are not going to vote because they dont like either candidate or the system. WE THE PEOPLE used to mean something, and really frustrated with the ongoing disrespect. NO ONE can make changes just sitting home playing on their compluters. A united voice is more powerful than the greatest of weapons of mass distruction!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you are thinking of the future and retirement think fast and hard because I don't want to pay for my medical with a voucher .Look who is backing Romney Donald Trump and all the rich people and we all know why .I pay right now being retired 28 percent taxes and he pays 14 percent ,huh .Does not make sense does it .I make 40 thousand a year before all the taxes and my medical comes out .I have savings and decent health so glad for that .I pay my doctors bills 100 % insurance pays nothing and prescriptions cost me 10 dollars .I pay all dental and eyeglasses and even have to pay some on emergency room visit and I cannot itemize because I don't have enough to do so .I think that is what is important that everyone should pay there fair share not the rich pay less .My views and not everyones .If I have to pay for a voucher when I am older do I choose between eating or medical .

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
I was just saying that if your state is a red state and you vote blue, does your vote help your candidate? It doesn't. Your allowed votes for the state go to the red. I have always thought that it should be popular vote wins. I feel that the government has a lot to do with gas prices being so high. There is no reason the big oil is making billions in profit each year with record high gas while many of us have to choose between eating supper that night or put gas in the car to make it to work. Now that might be extreme, but working in child care, you see it all.

Back on topic.

Reaction score
Sissy,

You have valid concerns, I wont disagree with that. We pay 100% of our medical needs. 100% of hospital visits, doctors offices, medications, etc. We can not afford to purchase medical insurance, nor do we qualify for any of the plans offered through the state, because we make too much? The health care system needs revamping, including Obamacare. I have an issue with in the future having to pay a PENALTY on our taxes because we can not afford to purchase it!

People need to look at the DETAILS of every issue on the table, from both sides. I do not want either one of these idiots in office, but have to pick someone.

This is what I do know.

Obama has done a lot of shady things, but has shown restraint because he WANTS a re-election. What happens if he is re-elected, and has no real reprocussions for his actions???

Romney wont buck the "other side" too badly, as he WILL want a re-election.

With Romney, he does have the experience working across the isle, and did so pretty well considering. Obama REFUSES to. Everything is his way or the highway, even when his own party disagrees with him.

My hope is in 2016, either Romney will prove to do a better job than I think he will, OR we will have two more better choices (Dem or Independent) on the table.

Reaction score
I agree votes should be counted individually, and that needs to change, but we cant change it by doing nothing.

I also blame the govt for the fuel prices, and am OFFENDED by the oil situation in particular. However, my anger is directed at the gov't and not the businesses. As a small business owner, I want to keep as much of our money as we can. I see no difference for a business whose net income has several more zeros in their profit margins. We need a fair tax plan. Close the loopholes. That is easy enough to fix.

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
HMMMM! mushrooms thrive in this green Eviroment ,kept in the dark and fed B.S. .You have to vote for this BILL then we'll tell you whats in it ,If you don't like either ,you better put in enough rep. to force interaction and eliminate the strangle hold that gave us all these mandates and regulations ,and super debts ,too many Zarrs not enough JOE the PLUMBERS.JUST a Thought ,regardless IF YOU DON"T VOTE .ENJOY HUMMMM! I am afraid the explosion you heard and felt will seem like a fire cracker ,if this goes the WRONG WAY! I said all I'm going to SORRY !!

Reaction score
The voting issue frustrates me to no end. We are screwed regardless of who our next president is. Bush made a mess, I dont argue that. Obama made it a lot worse. If he gets reelected, he is sure to make it even worse. The next president will be able to do little to undo it all, but WHAT do you do? Sit home with the woe is me attitude? That solves nothing. There are not two people in this world that are going to agree 100% on 100% of EVERYTHING, and politics and politicians are no different. We ALL have our own opinions, So in the NON political world, what would you do when you dont like your choices, but have to choose? You prioritize.

Well... in the world of politics, my two top concerns are the economy and national security. SO I ask myself WHICH, Obama or Romney, would not only take these issues more seriously, but which has the backbone to TRY to DO something about it.

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Well NOW! We have our President all gift wrapped ,Libia is unfolding ,Petraise ,resigns Max factor hasn't done this many cover ups ,The pres. thinks he had a mandate ,compromize is what every body else does ,Hang on were in for a ride with a commicaussy pilot at the controls Smile ,bend over and hang on best you can ,This is amazing another teflon DON from Chig. nothing seems to stick ,the only place he won't be is under the bus ,before it's over there will be body parts and reputations galore all under the bus and he and the liberal news media will be driving to the promiced land !!!

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
just my opinion and whooooo knows ,I might be right ,when it quacks like a duck waddles like a duck ,by the way ,Is there a rudder on a duck as_? HMMMM ! SO many questions so few answers!!! I

I wonder If Israel will end up under there too .seems to be all kinds of room there !!!Stay tuned these things are speeding up despite thier best excuses ,oh little man all covered it tan, where were you when the SH_T hit the fan !

Ask a Question