Need help with pond waterfall.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I need some advice about my waterfall. The pond has been leaking for awhile. I keep fixing the rocks and liner where it gets pushed down but it keeps leaking somewhere. I'm sure it was constructed poorly because the guy under bid by thousands of dollars but had to hold true to his bid. It's pretty shabby work. He put a flagstone rock where the water cascades out of the waterfall. I think the thickness of the rock was causing the water to slosh off the back side. Anyway, I pulled up the rock and found a gap between the waterfall box and the rocks (see image).
IMG_20180628_083230545~2.jpg
IMG_20180628_083242279_HDR.jpg
There might be liner under the gap but I doubt it. So, on to the question... What can I fill the cavity with and how can I finish off the top?

Thank you in advance for your help.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
are you sure it is not a hose or just evaporation /You can seal that area by the spill way with black water fall foam /.When foam is still damp you can press gravel into foam to hide spray foam.The can comes with a straw to pus it down in the gap .But you may need to rebuild it all eventually

Reaction score
Country
United States
are you sure it is not a hose or just evaporation /You can seal that area by the spill way with black water fall foam /.When foam is still damp you can press gravel into foam to hide spray foam.The can comes with a straw to pus it down in the gap .But you may need to rebuild it all eventually

That's what I originally thought to do but I read here on the forums that it's for redirecting and not waterproofing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If he did this right, I would think there is liner that comes up behind the rocks and attaches to the face plate of the waterfall.

I had a similar situation and replaced the flagstone with a slate tile to lower the level in the waterfall box.

How much are you losing?

Reaction score
Country
United States
If he did this right, I would think there is liner that comes up behind the rocks and attaches to the face plate of the waterfall.

I had a similar situation and replaced the flagstone with a slate tile to lower the level in the waterfall box.

How much are you losing?

1.5-2in in 3-4 days. I live in San Antonio TX but I can't blame it all on the heat.

I like the slate idea, thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
Australia
Silicone sealant would work well. I have used it to seal small problems in ponds in the past. It remains flexible and you cannot see it if you use the clear type.

Ask a Question