Need urgent help ...please

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi , friends
I’m Neha

I am having an aquarium tank with 5 fishes in which two of them are koi fish and two are gold fish and a black eye fish . the black eye fish has some tiny black small lines [ since last 1 month] in some parts of her fin which now has spread through to her body as well and i have tried some medicines like BACTONIL FW and GRANDFISH WHITE SPOT CURE but not got any successful results .all fishes are OK except one koi fish which has clamped fins and one goldfish with torn fin / tail . Since i have only 1 year experience with fishes i don't know what to do .i don't have any special equipment like water test kit .please kindly suggest me some remedies so that i can cure it .And how much time will it take to disappear from my fish?

tank is of 25 liters
the black eye fish is of 4 inch or10.6 cm [approximately]
I don’t know whether my filter is biofilter or any other and if is then I even don’t know the level
the fishes get oxygen through the filter itself so there is no need of air pump

some days before I also noticed red streaks on her fins [back fins] and have separated her in a tub with an air pump [flow rate i don’t know] and has tried a new medicine called PARACIDOL FW for only two hours and now she is again in her tank. She always sits on the stones and is not much active but will be when its food time.

after Every water change i used to add salt and a medicine called ANTI CHLORINE

the black eye fish is jumping out of water[not falling down on floor ] again and again since last month . and so i used to change the water from the tank after every 2 weeks and used to add aquarium salt . But now it has been a month but no improvement is seen . please kindly suggest something .

also today I saw the two goldfish and the black eye fish have red and torn fins [ all the fins are almost torn] so I added the medicine again BACTONIL FW as it has once cured my koi fish at the time of fin rot.

So I did 100 % water change[ full tank and gravels ] but have not added any medicine in the tank just aquarium salt .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Hi Neha,

Without knowing the results of a water test, all we can do is guess what the problem is.
My guess is that you are having water quality problems.
My suggestion is to find someone that has a much larger hospital tank and the ability to test their water and move your fish to their tank.
I don't think the problem can be solved with the setup you have. Your tank is too small for the fish you have so you will continually have problems maintaining good water quality.

Perhaps check with your local pet store. Sometimes they will test water for free.

Reaction score
Country
India
thank you so much for your reply . I also think that the problem is with water quality .But since i get transfer to other places in INDIA so i'm told not to buy a new tank but i will surely try to buy a test kit as soon as possible .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
You cant keep two koi in a tank... It's a 1000 gallons for the first Koi. Your water issues will continue. Get rid of the two koi. You need a pond for those.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
are you sure it's a koi? many identify their fish as koi when they are goldfish
however, GF are also big waste generators. Do your koi have what looks like a mustache?

Reaction score
Country
India
are you sure it's a koi? many identify their fish as koi when they are goldfish
however, GF are also big waste generators. Do your koi have what looks like a mustache?
yes they do have a mustache , a small thing near their mouth

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
yes they do have a mustache , a small thing near their mouth

Yep that's koi... return them back.... they will mess your water as they grow to 3 feet...although they will die in that tank before they get there.

Ask a Question