New from PA.

Gail

Our PA pond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hello. My backyard Koi pond is kidney shaped and holds about 600 to 800 gals. We have 8 Koi. My husband dug the pond about 9 years ago. We put carpet down for cushioning and then used a vinyl liner. I had knee replacement surgery this winter so my husband will be doing pond maintenance this year. Since he isn't into ponds like I have been I am hoping for some low maintenance possibilities and suggestions. I hope that I can help people in this forum and that they can help me too!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and I was born in PA .I know I have been trying the last couple of years to make my pond easier .The thing is your koi are going to outgrow that size pond fast .11 years and my koi are over 2 feet long .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Have to agree my koi are 10-11 years old and the babies are 6-7 years old they are going to out grow your pond fast, my pond is about 4,000 gallons and we are thinking of making it bigger

Reaction score
Country
United States
my upper ponds are all dug down and also raised above ground. This makes viewing much better and also working by pond is much easier when they are raised.

@callingcolleen1 , Would you mind giving a brief explanation on how you build a pond that is below and above ground? Particularly the above ground part? I wonder if someday it might be something I can do to increase the size of my pond? (especially since I don't have space to make it larger)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noelia5838

Latest Threads