Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I got his weather station at Home Depot yesterday evening so I could monitor weather at the pond. It has a wireless transmitter that sends the data from outside up to 500 feet to the display inside. It was normally $49.99 but they had a sale for $29.99.
DSCN3387.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
@Marshall the only problem I see with this weather station is it doesnt tell you your ponds temperature , we have an Ascot Remote controlled weather station which is a German make [they are great at making these]
It gives us an idea about what is going on outside giving us barametric pressure a picture of what the whether is going to be like that day it has a hydrometer readout for both external and internal readings. A remote outdoor thermometer which beams back the external temperature.
It a;lso reads the indoor temperature, we know moon and sun rise and fall and it can even be programed for our area Plymouth UK .
It was a Christmas present from Vals Cousin and hubby to us a good few years ago now but it keeps on trucking
The barometer reading we back up with an old fasioned Barometer just to see the reading is indeed correct.
However I digress this is about knowing your pond temperature indoors .
We bought another make again German this time by a company called TFA but this time it was a remote pool/pond thermometer it give you Internal readings also hydrometer reading, external air temperature and lastly and more importantly the ponds temperture [important in both summer and winter] :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...keywords=TFA+Malibu+Wireless+Pool+Thermometer

I doubt you can get this model your side of the big pond but you must have somethng like this in the US try Amazon
Hope this gives you some ideas about thinking pond temperature .
@Mmathis :LOL: Maggie it really is fun to get new toys to use .
marshall I came across this one [it is a discontinued line] But still up for sale.
Some may say well if it goes wrong I got no comeback but I say hey if it works it works its very similar to ours it will give you an idea of what to look for if you choose not to buy it :-

http://www.amazon.com/4301-Wireless...3368&sr=1-28&keywords=remote+pool+thermometer
or by a different seller
http://www.amazon.com/Jumbl-Wireles...8&refRID=0WKB7QMM0FSV11319A0V#customerReviews

Personally I'd go for this one myself :-

http://www.amazon.com/HR640FD-Wirel...453&sr=8-46&keywords=Remote+pool+thermometers

Dave

Last edited:

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I got his weather station at Home Depot yesterday evening so I could monitor weather at the pond. It has a wireless transmitter that sends the data from outside up to 500 feet to the display inside. It was normally $49.99 but they had a sale for $29.99.
View attachment 86101
Nice unit, I'm obsessed with temps.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice unit, I'm obsessed with temps.
Did you look at the unit we bought or the one we posted to marshall the Malibu is fantastic and it even learns .
Mind you your right I'm obsessed by temperatures too my friend , has this given you any ideas for your own pond ?
However

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Did you look at the unit we bought or the one we posted to marshall the Malibu is fantastic and it even learns .
Mind you your right I'm obsessed by temperatures too my friend , has this given you any ideas for your own pond ?
However
Oh yeah, that is nice, I'm using an analog 'tell true' ten inch thermometer but I have to go to the pond to see it. I NEED a new gadget!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use the Davis weather station, temperature of the pond water, inside outside temp, wind chill , heat index, wind speed etc etc etc. Just love it. all on the web, phone, house station

Really neat Marshall, I just love watching what is happening. Hope you enjoy it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
@peter hillman I've added another make to my reply too marshall personally I would pay he extra money for one the first two where $29.00 US the last $51 US
However seeing as you pond freezes over i'd remove it putting it back in the spring after the thaw my freind

Dave

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
@peter hillman I've added another make to my reply too marshall personally I would pay he extra money for one the first two where $29.00 US the last $51 US
However seeing as you pond freezes over i'd remove it putting it back in the spring after the thaw my freind

Dave
Ya , Ice = cold no matter the temp:LOL:

Reaction score
Ya , Ice = cold no matter the temp:LOL:
I don't know. I was aways more interested in the temperatures at the bottom of my pond in the winter under the ice then the ambient temperatures in the pond in the summer. In either case however, there was never much I could do about it, so it was more of just a curiosity then a relevant bit of information I would act on.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
@Marshall the only problem I see with this weather station is it doesnt tell you your ponds temperature , we have an Ascot Remote controlled weather station which is a German make [they are great at making these]
It gives us an idea about what is going on outside giving us barametric pressure a picture of what the whether is going to be like that day it has a hydrometer readout for both external and internal readings. A remote outdoor thermometer which beams back the external temperature.
It a;lso reads the indoor temperature, we know moon and sun rise and fall and it can even be programed for our area Plymouth UK .
It was a Christmas present from Vals Cousin and hubby to us a good few years ago now but it keeps on trucking
The barometer reading we back up with an old fasioned Barometer just to see the reading is indeed correct.
However I digress this is about knowing your pond temperature indoors .
We bought another make again German this time by a company called TFA but this time it was a remote pool/pond thermometer it give you Internal readings also hydrometer reading, external air temperature and lastly and more importantly the ponds temperture [important in both summer and winter] :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node=72&field-keywords=TFA+Malibu+Wireless+Pool+Thermometer

I doubt you can get this model your side of the big pond but you must have somethng like this in the US try Amazon
Hope this gives you some ideas about thinking pond temperature .
@Mmathis :LOL: Maggie it really is fun to get new toys to use .
marshall I came across this one [it is a discontinued line] But still up for sale.
Some may say well if it goes wrong I got no comeback but I say hey if it works it works its very similar to ours it will give you an idea of what to look for if you choose not to buy it :-

http://www.amazon.com/4301-Wireless...3368&sr=1-28&keywords=remote+pool+thermometer
or by a different seller
http://www.amazon.com/Jumbl-Wireles...8&refRID=0WKB7QMM0FSV11319A0V#customerReviews

Personally I'd go for this one myself :-

http://www.amazon.com/HR640FD-Wirel...453&sr=8-46&keywords=Remote+pool+thermometers

Dave
I already have a digital thermo in the pond that displays on my phone and tablet so with this gadget now added I have quite a bit of info available.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Posh meaning as all the info goes to his watch which something I've never ever heard of Meyer again not a degroatory comment , what I'd give to own one of those :)

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a Sharp and when I first got it I vacuum seal the outside unit and it worked well in the pond.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alikanoel

Latest Threads