New Home for Koi

Reaction score
I have recently been put in a position where I need to move. Problem is that I have a 7,500-gallon pond with koi and goldfish ranging in size from 7 inches to 3 feet (about 50 total fish). I want them all to go to a good home, as I have come to care deeply about them. I don't want to sell them, but find a place where I can donate them where they will have a large area to swim and will be well taken care of.

My question, does anyone know of such a place that takes donations like this in the Southern California area? I only care that they will be happy, so it doesn't matter if it is a private home or a public place. If anyone has any suggestions on who I should contact, I would greatly appreciate it!

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions. I have contacted various friendship gardens and zoos in So Cal, but I guess they have all had problems with disease and are not willing to take donations yet.

DrDave, I am located right next to you in Vista. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. As long as they go to a large pond and a good home, I would be very happy!

Ask a Question