Country
United States
keyplayer said:
Last part - Filter PIX
attachicon.gif
Filter 11.JPG
attachicon.gif
POND-F-parts.doc
one thing I do see is that tank is bulging so may need to double it up or go with a stock tank of some sorts that is heavier duty .Taht is the bin i have in my second filter except mine has a yellow lid and I bought 2 of them and place 1 inside the other .You could also build a wood frame around it and insulate it with the 2 inch foam .I insulated around both of my filters .

keyplayer

Worst Winter yet...
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
Canada
Thanx to all who commented on my FILTER project. It is into its THIRD reworking and some of the really good suggestions will be incorporated in next year's version. I discovered the Yellow Lid bins just a few days ago at KENT (our omnipresent building supply chain). Unfortunately those incredibly strong Rmaid Stock Tanks are just a tad to shallow and too expansive for my filter spot. BTW, It gets SO cold here, insulation can't prevent freeze-up but a good idea for more temperate spots where 366 operation is possible. My filter «goes to bed» in mid-December, and gets re-activated in late March early April! I'll post my Winter Venturi project later.

Ask a Question