New members, koi will EAT YOUR PLANTS!

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
mine have gotten bigger now and stopped eating the plants the last couple of years .I sometimes feed them only once a week lately since I forget to feed them .
That'd be nice.
My largest koi is probably 8 or 9 inches long

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think colleens are bigger but hers are older .Uncle Bert is the male and he is smaller than Aggie is .I could not get him to hold still for long enough to measure him correctly .He is about 3 to 5 inch's shorter .Last time I measure them they were about 2 feet long ,but it is really hard to hold the treat and measure them .I used a strawberry from my garden since they love them

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is why the pond got bigger each time pics do not really show how big a koi is .I can some what pick aggie up and she is really heavy .A lot heavier than my heaviest chihuahua and I think he weighed 15 lbs at last vet appointment .My pond is over 5000 gallons because when I redid the pond I saved all the water and when the water went back in I had to add over 500 gallons by the water meter I used on my hose .I could only add water at 100 gallons each time so I would not harm the well pump ,I think I may not have written each time down .My well is over 400 feet in the ground so I did not want to shock fish with to much cold weather each time .Others on here have bigger fish than aggie

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I just made one 1,440 something gallon pond out of two separate formed ponds. One 300 gallon and one 240 gallon. More or less by removing both pond shells and "siamesing" the two holes together.

Ask a Question