New neighbours

Reaction score
Okay, its not a pond picture, but there isnt a bird section and this picture was taken almost next to my pond, in a shed. A few weeks ago I noticed I hadnt closed the door of one of the sheds there properly, and inside a culox cupboard, I saw a nest with eggs. So I kept the door open for a few inches and I stayed away for a few weeks lol, and now it was time to check on them. Arent they cute :regular_waving_emot

sdc10627u.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What cuties! They sure can build a nest fast.

Reaction score
stroppy said:
well i knew they were birds lol ...you sure about sparrows ? they dont look much like them

Not sure at all. I saw mommy bird buzz over very quickly and it looked like a sparrow to me, but Im no bird watcher. My father, who was a biologist, nature freak and bird watcher would turn in his grave, but I cant tell a pigeon from a dove. Well, or a raven really lol.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They look like the wrens we have. They can make a nest almost overnight, and don't seem to care if near humans.

Ask a Question