sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hey I have a lot of koi mutts and thinking a lot on here will agree .We just enjoy fish ,we are addicted .Jw excuses excuses

Reaction score
Oh goodie because I do love to see them all. And this one baffled me for a while. We lost all of the fish in the front bigger pond once before my Mom passed away(hubby and I cared for her for two years). Not sure what got them but they got all of them overnight, all we found was one cleaned set of bones. So after that we got some more koi, Goldie's, and the other ones that are in their, think they are shabunkin. Last year was the first year we had babies, and our original 12 have grown to about 25 now. I am going to have to probably get some moved to the little ponds and rehome a few soon, I really need to figure out how many we can safely have in there.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Around 4000 gallon pond, doing an average of 4.5 feet depth, length of 15 feet width 8 feet. Nice size pond. Looks like a nice pump also in reading about it.

Reaction score
Think the guy that installed it(still get some stuff from). Says it is 5000 gallon ... Have no idea on the other as was actually a freebie on the preformed I used. But thinking along the lines of possibly 100 gal tank? When I get pics up may by you can give me a guesstimate.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Think the guy that installed it(still get some stuff from). Says it is 5000 gallon ... Have no idea on the other as was actually a freebie on the preformed I used. But thinking along the lines of possibly 100 gal tank? When I get pics up may by you can give me a guesstimate.

5000 even better! With performs no idea, I have no clue what size my two are.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
most preforms if you look under the rim it usually says how many gallons but sometimes the in print gets mess up or you can't find it.Sometimes you can feel the stamping they do ,but not all ponds come with it and some put it on the bottom inside or outside . You can even measure them and look at preforms on line to see what one measures the same as yours does .

Reaction score
Thanks don't ask. Cleaned the filters last night again a much much better ..... I was amazed at the homemade trash one I made, it had a LOT of the mucky junk in it, That little sump is working like a charm! The fish kids are getting so much tamer coming right up to the edge now to feed , they will soon be eating out of our hands I think.

Reaction score
Thanks Sissy will do that , measure and look that is. As I have them in ground to the rim and graduated down so the water flows . Used the dirt plus a little more to build up the top end. I actually copied the plan of the bigger pond some except on a smaller scale. Will post pics as soon as I am able to.

Reaction score
hope i am getting the pics on here lo....these are my two ponds and some pics of my kids, hope i got the newest baby in these!

Attachments

• 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 079.JPG
    079.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 076.JPG
    076.JPG