New

Reaction score
Hi, I inherited my moms ponds 12 x 10 x 5 approximately with an I ground filter system and waterfall. Plus have made on with preformed tubs graduated levels with pump to upper waterfall. There are 21 fish in the large pond now, koi, Goldie's, and shabunka? I have worked for weeks to clean the larger pond and can now at least see the fish lol. We are raising grandchildren, that are now 2, 4, 5. So needless to say they were somewhat neglected until lately. I made a trash can filter attached to a hose and sump to day. Drilled holes in the bottom on one side and stuffed with batting to see if I can get some more clarity to the water. Any ideas as to how to get it cleaner? It is pretty sludgy still. Appreciate any and all advise, have used green clean and now micro lift and hope it will help.
Peggy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and sounds like you will get there as you sound determined so all I can say is good luck and If you are doing all that it will take time but you will get there good luck .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
animated-welcome-jumping-kid-2.gif
to our group!

What kind of filter is the one that came with the pond? if you can tell.

Would love to see pictures and do you have a test kit to check the water parameters. The liquid test kits are the best.

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the welcome! To my surprise the trash can did wonders plus I think the micro lift just worked lol. I can see the bottom clearly and the water is so clear. Clean all filters again this morning and the batting. Not nearly as much gunk as yesterday in them!. Addy 1 I found the paperwork on the pond today too, it has a Easy Pro 3900 Pump and the pond is actually 15 feet by 8x6 ft at deep end and 3 feet deep at the shallow on the big pond. I have pictures but am not sure how to put them on here, so if someone can tell me that I will post them. I am learning so much reading on here. Thank you for the wealth of information!
Peg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
just go to more reply options next to post .We are waiting to see your hard work

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok now that's weird the other welcome one showing up now too............oh well you getting 2 welcomes from me. Hey you can also use photo bucket to store your photos and easy to copy photo images to the forum post.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You have to excuse jw she is a tad bit senile lately . :razz: Showing her age

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha sissy the thing where the welcome was supposed to be said "posted image" and no picture a few minutes ago when I reposted the new welcome................geez I think I have a ghost in my computer...............refusing it is senileness sissy!

Reaction score
Ok I see attach file but will not let me put one in because nothing happens when I tap it...I am on iPad , do I need to be on the laptop perhaps. I am so sorry but I am really computer challenged here lol.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you have your ipad pics i would think they should load .Oh just realized maybe not enough posts not sure .

Reaction score
Oh and jw I cannot say a thing about showing age. Lol some days I am 58 going on 100, then some days I wonder how I got this old lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know when I started on here I needed 10posts.I just turned 59 and Haro no comments from the peanut gallery :razz: :razz: :razz:

Reaction score
Oh ok that might be it because the this file does not seem to work. And I just took some pics this morning and sent them to my online album from my phone so was thinking I should be able to upload them from there. Just have not done the camera because was lazy and didn't,t get the laptop out lol. The smaller pond only has a very small pump in it right now attached through tubing to the upper level because I had the bigger one one die on me. Since I only have just put one fish in now it is sufficient to keep aeration and filter for now. The only fish in was a mystery fish for me that I took out of the big pond. After research I think it is a mutt, very dark greenish upper body with golden hue on bottom. There is one more like it in the bigger pond, but As yet it has eluded capture :). I did see a couple of new babies this morning. One is the dark brownish color and the other is orange and white they are about an inch long. Probably have some more but not seeing them. Is it true that the goldfish babies are brown when tiny and the koi have the color? I read that somewhere, or perhaps the brown is another cross. I imagine true koi people on here are going to frown at me for the crossbreds if that is what I have, but I really do not know enough to do anything right now to prevent it. And I love them all anyway. I think I read that the results of crossbred are sterile?? I hope so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WarnerBirm

Latest Threads