November 5th Bonfire night

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
God how I hate this night and the two days preceeding it all th wild creatures pets cats and dog any creature in reality with all these damn fireworks going off .
People who dont have pets will never understand the fear that these create our poor cats dont know whats happening our neighbours dogs are going wild with fear.
Even useing felwiway dosent seem to help that much .
I think this a piece of history we should forget in the UK I really do

rgrds

Dave

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
I/We (Pet owners) Know your pain
We have the 4th of July and it is just ridiculas.
We have a Australian Shepard that just goes crazy we give her meds but it just does not help.

Ruben M.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My yorkie gets benadryl it helps keep her calm, she gets it during bad thunderstorms also. She freaks out with the noise.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Try a thunder shirt! For dogs they work great! or at least for mine dog. She takes phenolbarbital for her epilepsy so she can't take anti anxiety meds. She seriously freaks out! gun shots, fireworks, anything loud that pops she runs, hides, Howls, shakes. the whole nine yards. we got her a thunder shirt off the TV commercial and now, she hears it she's coming for her shirt. she will still be freaked out somewhat, but NOWHERE nearly as bad. Don't know if they make them for cats. Our cat could care less, you can shoot a firework beside her and as long as it goes off up in the air she just sits and watches.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
thanks I just looked them up, never heard of it. For 39 bucks worth the try, she totally freaks out, 13 yrs old, I always worry about how it affects her.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Don't have a dog anymore but my cats are enthralled also w/ the fireworks each year watching them go up and down. Those shirts sound pretty cool! I looked on the internet for them so I could tell my neighbor about them just now and found this:
http://www.thundershirt.com/

Hey they have them for cats too: http://www.thundershirtforcats.com/

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hold her wrapped in a blanket during the worse storms, that always seems to help, might be similar to what the thundershirt is doing

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
thanks I just looked them up, never heard of it. For 39 bucks worth the try, she totally freaks out, 13 yrs old, I always worry about how it affects her.
Addy, If you watch the little video ad it works on my dog exactly like the ad. If it gets dirty, hook the Velcro together and throw it in the washer and dryer. Nothing special has to be done to clean it. I would have never believed it would work if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Seriously I thought it was a joke but the wife bought it to try anyway. Endy wore hers all last night as we had a storm come through. It's a bit cooler this morning and now she doesn't want us taking it off. BTW, it doesn't have to be removed for them to got out and take care of their business. They can do their thing with it on no problem. IMO, $39 well spent and well worth every penny.

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
Our beagle sleeps right thru the thunderstorms. Have the time when I mow the yard, he will just lay in the grass right. I have to make him move or mow around him. He just sits there and looks at me like what. Kinda like this
8F6688BE-471E-4193-8023-35E1416FF826-6977-000007BAB070E6AE.jpg

Here Mr. Gunner is waiting while we eat supper so he can clean up what Eden drops on the floor. They have this agreement where she can crawl over him, pull his ears, pull his tail, and he is cool with it as long as she keeps feeding him and letting him lick her face. He truely loves that baby.

Ask a Question