JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My mom and grandma liked the ornaments I gave them and had me make a bunch more. haha!

The few of them without string were turned into magnets.

ornas.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Cool ornaments JB. Such talent.

Thanks!

I'll fully admit after they were complete I actually looked at them and thought some were really great. Better than I expected them to turn out during the designing stage.

Speaking of the designing stage. I decided for the final ornament I made to record the process.

By the way, the sentence shown on the video cover sounds inappropriate out of context. Or is it just me? :happy:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
They are just wonderful JB, and lots of people these days like the old fashion ornaments that are hand made, and I buy hand made ornaments from the Farmers Market when I see them. I just love your video too and the lovely flute music was a very relaxing touch, and I really enjoyed watching it!

I make reusable, decorated gift boxes, will have to post a picture of them when I am done.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I found a box of flour and salt ornaments I made when I was a kid. All painted and covered with a clear coating. Except for being a little bug eaten they still looked great. It was some stuff one of my sisters brought over from my dads house when they emptied it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My friend and I made some ornaments one year at her house out of tin can lids. Ours came out so so but when I brought some home w/me and showed my hubby he made a few that turned out great. Sorry I don't have them anymore and no pix.
I found these on the net but they are really cool unlike how ours turned out:
Tin can orna's 1.png

Tin can ornas 2.png

Tin can ornas 3.png

Tin can ornas 4.png

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Today I made a sun dial. Its something that I've always wanted to make but never felt like learning enough about it to do it until now. If I did all the angles correctly and it works I may keep it out by my pond. Even if its close to being correct I'd call that a success. (y)

The base is made out of a Maple branch I cut down in my yard this past summer. The gnomon or "dial" is made out of the same pine branch I used for some of my ornaments. I used a pocket knife to cut the lines and used sharpie to color them. Eventually the sharpie will fade away but the lines will still be easy to see. No sun expected for awhile so I may not get to test it anytime soon.

DSCN7751.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This is a bisque ornament that I painted and fired than transferred a pic of our dog on it and clear coated it.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Look what I found on twitter today.
ccc.png

Of all the ornaments I put back there, there are only 2 left. This was the only update on twitter using the hashtag I provided on the back of each ornament. Glad to see someone share their find.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That is so cool that someone posted your ornament! Did you respond?
We are gonna hear about you on the news radio one of these days. The secret Santa man hangs again or something like that anyways :D

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That is so cool that someone posted your ornament! Did you respond?
We are gonna hear about you on the news radio one of these days. The secret Santa man hangs again or something like that anyways :D

lol.

No I did not respond. I considered it, but we'll just say Santa left them in the woods!

Ask a Question