Oxygen Content

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I read that article more carefully, rather than skimming it; then, went to their website where I saw that video of the diffuser in action. This is some intense stuff. Really neat how the diffuser looks, extremely flat. I like the 2.5" x 12" rectangle one, maybe get a few of these connected together forming a line. I am surprised they do not cost much more than their competitors; it's still pricey though but ya get what ya pay for. Pretty neat stuff. The very fine bubbles makes it look fancy.

Not for sure how it would create much of a current since all it is doing is pushing water up from underneath a particular area then just gravity flow depositing it like a sheet waterfall.

I am also curious how a fella could make a structure that would look better than just an exposed pipe in the water. Seems like this could take some space to accomplish.

Maybe. I could get some pvc paneling, cut to size, waterfall foam, and pea gravel. The paneling is the backbone, waterfall foam helps to stick the gravel to the paneling. Creating a type of rock wall where also it goes to the surface just a little bit so to reduce the moving surface water from obstructing view of fish. WB, kind of like the waterfall basin thingy I read ya describe a while back.

Trying figure out how I could implement this in my dinky little water feature. I know its overkill; just curious how I could do it. I bet it could look kind of neat. Gotta do more thinking on it.

Reaction score
I am also curious how a fella could make a structure that would look better than just an exposed pipe in the water. Seems like this could take some space to accomplish.

Maybe. I could get some pvc paneling, cut to size, waterfall foam, and pea gravel. The paneling is the backbone, waterfall foam helps to stick the gravel to the paneling. Creating a type of rock wall where also it goes to the surface just a little bit so to reduce the moving surface water from obstructing view of fish. WB, kind of like the waterfall basin thingy I read ya describe a while back.
I'm thinking the same thing for my next pond as it will have a higher fish load than I've run in the past and I'll have warmer water. But I sure don't want the look of bubbles. After using the waterfall catch basin I'm spoiled to always having a flat and clean surface. What I'm thinking is a long narrow structure that I can build a deck over to hide. It's going to be tricky to set up, can't just be a container with an air stone at the bottom because most of the water would only circulate within the structure rather than stirring the entire pond. I think I'll need a airlift or geyser pump with a way to contain foam.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
It's going to be tricky to set up, can't just be a container with an air stone at the bottom because most of the water would only circulate within the structure rather than stirring the entire pond. I think I'll need a airlift or geyser pump with a way to contain foam.

Bet ya could make it look quite interesting. Make it like an underwater volcano and it comes out at a slight angle, where the air pushing the water up dribbles down some rocks, this way the top of the water surface is not disturbed so much.

Make a kind of slope out of cone or something.
Code:
 _____

/ | | 

| |

| |

_______

Water enters at the bottom, air tube attached to the side of the of the column pipe, the angle slope is a cone with waterfall foam sticking the gravel or lava rock on the cone, the water pushed by air goes up and over the sides down the lava rock. The structure stands in place by some kiddy air floaties under the slopes and the aerator hose helping to anchor it so to help control drift. The aerator hose connects to an air diffusor that is connected somehow inside the pipe column so to allow a good flow of water to enter from the bottom. Maybe perforate the bottom of the column pipe to let in the bottom water.

Hey, it could also serve as a protection stucture for the fishies. :)

Reaction score
Yeah, I ended up sliding an airstone under my bridge. You can see just a few bubbles coming out from under it on each side, pretty happy with how that worked out.

Reaction score
Actually it stopped working overnight. There is only one tiny spot with a single stream of bubbles coming out. Gonna have to pull it out to find out what is wrong.

Ask a Question