Party Time

Reaction score
I know Steve Lee slightly.... We exchange emails once in a while. I love his take on guns. Steve is from Australia where guns are banned, they are constantly watching what we do over here with gun laws. Our constitution prohibits the American citizen from being denied the right to keep and bare arms. This should be equal and true in all countries. We have the right to defend ourselves.

Reaction score
like I stated, I am a country boy. I also like rock and roll, but I am partial to couunty music. Waylon Jennings was my favorite singer of all time for many years and although this show was aired after my music style developed, I loved the show because of Waylon's theme song and the slap-stick comedy that they used...

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Marty Robbins; "El Paso". The first record I ever owned! The reverse side was "A White Sports Coat (And a Pink Carnation)". 45 RPM. Remember those? I still have it!
John

Reaction score
HARO,

I sure do remember those songs! A White Sport Coat was one of my fav's along with Singing the Blues. Although I always liked the more country-fied songs best. Next to El Paso, and tied for the top spot on my list of Marty's western songs was (is) Big Iron.

Reaction score
eMitch,

This selection has been one of my favorites especially during winter. I would sit in my humble cabin with a dim kerosene lamp glowing for ambience and a radiant fire creating dancing little gins in the smoke and listen to this song over and over when the mood took my pleasure. With a jigger of brandy or a good sippin' whiskey, I would sit back and just watch the snow fall outside and relish in this man's superior tonal voice and his wonderful ballads and think of the lady I loved, who was not there with me.

Gordy

Ask a Question