PH 6.2

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
My pond is a bit cloudy and I've put a couple of plants in recently that have just died. A monkey flower that looked lovely it's just pretty much dissolved away to nothing, by the looks of it.

PH is low at 6.2. Is this the reason and how do I get it up, naturally?

No fish in my pond.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How did you have them planted — how deep are they, and are they in pots....? And can you give us more info about the size of your pond, filtration, sun exposure....? Is this the normal pH level for your pond and are you adding any fertilizer (since you don’t have fish)? Not a plant expert, but I’ve read that many pond plants prefer a pH on the acidic side.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Pond is c3.5m X 1.5m. No fish, no filtration.

This is the only plant I've ever kept in the pot .It was nice and bushy when I got it and was growing fine up until 2 weeks ago then all the leaves under water had gone. I didn't know if they'd been eaten at first. Now it's dead so took it out. The top of the pot was about 8-10cm under the water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
You can raise the PH by oxygenating the water, which would reduce the CO2 level, or by adding baking soda.
Measure the KH level before adding baking soda so you know how much to add.
If you had the plant in a pot without any water circulating through it, the PH level could have dropped too far for the plant to tolerate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcJohn

Latest Threads