Plumbing Fixtures for 1" flexible tubing

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I am building a feature water wall similar to the one in the image below.

Multi-unit-spillways-projecting-water-wall-01__80654.1627276104.jpg

In my case, there will be 2 waterfall spillways. I will be using the following spillways.

The plumbing will have a submersible waterfall pump => submersible UV Clarifier => Split plumbing to each waterway.

I can not find the right fixture to split the plumbing. I will be using the following pipe for all plumbing. What type of splitter or T junction is recommended for this.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Cool project. Most pond shops—online or retail—should carry a wye fitting and valves for corrugated tubing.

But, the prevailing wisdom is that corrugated pond hose is junk. If you haven’t bought it already, switch your design to flex PVC. It’s not much more if you only need 20 feet of it, and then you can use any pvc fitting you like from any hardware store.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
totally agree with CW; just for ease of fittings it's a better bet to use flex pvc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yes, that’s the stuff. There are various manufacturers of it and $5/foot is quite high for 1”. You can probably get it for half off that or less if you order it in a 25’ roll.

Yes, it fits and glues just like normal pvc. Tips:

1. Use a medium or heavy body glue.
2. Don’t twist the pipe when inserting into fitting like with normal PVC joint. Just push it in.
3. Don’t use ABS fittings.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes, that’s the stuff. There are various manufacturers of it and $5/foot is quite high for 1”. You can probably get it for half off that or less if you order it in a 25’ roll.

Yes, it fits and glues just like normal pvc. Tips:

1. Use a medium or heavy body glue.
2. Don’t trust the pipe when inserting into fitting like with normal PVC joint. Just push it in.
3. Don’t use ABS fittings.
need some clarity here, CW; point #2? I think you mean DON'T just push it in, push then slight twist then hold for 30 seconds to a minute. At least, that's how I do it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
need some clarity here, CW; point #2? I think you mean DON'T just push it in, push then slight twist then hold for 30 seconds to a minute. At least, that's how I do it.

Edited. Don't twist the pipe when you glue to fitting. Just push it in. That's different from the recommended 1/4 turn when gluing rigid pvc. That's a tip directly from the guy who runs flexpvc.com, and he also says to carefully distribute glue around the pipe and fitting since that 1/4 turn is what makes up for sloppy glue distribution.

I haven't worked with the stuff much, so this is one of those second hand tips, but it comes from the guy who runs the biggest pvc store on the internet, so assume he knows best!

I can definitely vouch for the heavy bodied glue, though. The flex is not as naturally snug in the fittings as rigid pvc is and a thick glue helps with that.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I am building a feature water wall similar to the one in the image below.

Multi-unit-spillways-projecting-water-wall-01__80654.1627276104.jpg

In my case, there will be 2 waterfall spillways. I will be using the following spillways.

The plumbing will have a submersible waterfall pump => submersible UV Clarifier => Split plumbing to each waterway.

I can not find the right fixture to split the plumbing. I will be using the following pipe for all plumbing. What type of splitter or T junction is recommended for this.

Thanks
I use these for splitting tubing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
51G9MRM-a4L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Amazon has these. They work really well.

Laguna Y-Connector with Click-Fit Couplers, 3 at 1-1/2-Inch length​

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Edited. Don't twist the pipe when you glue to fitting. Just push it in. That's different from the recommended 1/4 turn when gluing rigid pvc. That's a tip directly from the guy who runs flexpvc.com, and he also says to carefully distribute glue around the pipe and fitting since that 1/4 turn is what makes up for sloppy glue distribution.

I haven't worked with the stuff much, so this is one of those second hand tips, but it comes from the guy who runs the biggest pvc store on the internet, so assume he knows best!

I can definitely vouch for the heavy bodied glue, though. The flex is not as naturally snug in the fittings as rigid pvc is and a thick glue helps with that.
interesting; did he give a reason why no twist with flex pvc hose but you DO twist with the rigid version? Can't easily see the difference and do think the twist helps insure the glue is completely making contact with no gaps/air holes/whatnot. Next time you visit his pvc kingdom, see if he can answer that.

Ask a Question