Pond build, Question 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah looking through a net sucks in my eye but to each there own. take a look at this pond it is semi raised i was looking for sacramento koi the owners pond he has on three sides the side is raised like three fett above the water one side is the waterfall the other tow are planting areas and then there is the sitting area close to the house a place those birds will go but are not real comfortable doing so .

FOR SAEFTY B. THE PROBLEM WITH B IS THE SECOND DRAIN" THE ONE AT THE END" WILL DO ALMOST NOTHING .

MOST EFFICENT BY FAR IS C
As we don't have any of the laws here I'll go with C. Now to research pipe sizes :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
As we don't have any of the laws here I'll go with C. Now to research pipe sizes :)
If you are doing gravity to a rdf its 4 inch if your pumping to the bottom of the bog i wouldn't go smaller than 3"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you are doing gravity to a rdf its 4 inch if your pumping to the bottom of the bog i wouldn't go smaller than 3"
they are gravity fed rdf, so I was going to use 4". but now that i have 2 bottom drains and two skimmers, i need to look at flow rate through the pipes. The pond is not that big, 5500 gallons, so I just need to do a few calcs to ensure the water goes through the pipes fast enough to keep them clean.

I also just looked at the cost of 4" valves, they are expensive, ok for 1 but if I need 6 or 8.. so time to do some reading

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am not one for calculations beyond the basics , such as how many gph is needed to flow down what size pipe. after that all configurations are done with ball valves. each line will be big enough to handle the entire design so if something should fail i have a back up and i do not loose my babies.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Ask a Question