Pond build question 2 - 4 water circulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have more questions and final decisions to make: Questions 2 – 4 😊

In construction the pond I have to consider value for money, I'm sure there's lots of things I could do but well the game he worth the extra cost. At the end of the day I want a pond to keep a few mixed species fish and to look good.

I do really appreciate any replies and feedback.

Pond only 800.png

The pond is approximately 22,000 litres 550US gallons. The dimensions of the main pond oh 5.6m by 3.6m and 1.3 deep.

bottom drain.png

Q2, In my design I only have one bottom drain, should I have two? If I have two should both be connected to the drum filter or can they be Daisy chained together?

jets.png

Q3. Ideally I should have the skimmer and bog inflow at opposite ends of the pond to aid better circulation, however it's more practical to leave them where they are. Bearing this in mind should I add water jets and where should they be placed, at A and B? also what height and what flow rate?.

inlet bay.png

Q4. I had thought of using a pool inwall skimmer, this will then be piped directly into the drum filter, my concern with this is the small basket could easily clog, an alternative is for me to make a simple intake bay, the water will flow through a small indent in the wall, a large foam will catch all the major debris and under the foam will be an outlet going into the drum filter, this will need slightly more construction but I think it will need a lot less maintenance. In wall skimmer or intake bay?

Thanks for any help

Ask a Question