Pond goldfish in basement

Reaction score
Country
United States
My 3 very large goldfish are just lying around the bottom of their winter quarters. I offer them their pellets on occassion and some get eaten. I keep a light on during the day for the plants. Just waiting to get busy on their summer pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Temperature into basement? Normal behavior, they go into letargy if drop under 45-50f(7-10celsius) and gfs can get problem with digestion under that Temp...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If they are not diving on the food then i would stop feeding them if anything i'd feed only once a week . even if they are hungry this time of year they are use to not eating for 3 months or more

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes. They seem fine. Just want to be left alone. Pulled out some plants in the container. Planning their Spring pond....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
once you get a basic design throw it at us so we can see if a little tweeking here or there could go a long way for you all to often we get i built this and spent tons of money and it's not working HELP......

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I may try to leave them out next winter. I think if I keep the sponge filter going it might work.

You may not even need to run filtration for goldfish over winter. But that depends on the size of your pond - surface area, depth and volume. If you can keep a hole open for gas exchange with an aerator they may be fine.

Reaction score
Country
United States
They are 4 yrs old and quite large. Very pleased they have lived this long. I keep buying stuff for them along with the rosy minnow for my water gardens and my 5 gallon tropicals. Spoiled babies. I think the sponge filter bubbles enough to keep the ice open.

Reaction score
Country
United States
They are hiding under the waterfall filter. Came up to see me and hid

Attachments

• 20220127_105603_HDR.jpg
    20220127_105603_HDR.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 24

Ask a Question